Southern California- How does the 2018 Ford Escape Stack Up?
Since driving performance isn't a one-size-fits-all proposition, the 2018 Ford Escape is available with three different engines. Depending on which of the four trim levels you choose, you'll have access to these engines:
- 2.5-liter Duratec iVCT I-4 with intake variable cam timing that comes with the Ford Escape S trim and puts out 168 horsepower at 6,000 rpm and 170 lb.-ft. of torque at 4,500 rpm
- 1.5-liter EcoBoost Ti-VCT GTDI engine on the SE and SEL trims that produces 179 horsepower at 6,000 rpm and 177 lb.-ft. of torque at 2,500 rpm
- 2.0-liter EcoBoost that kicks out 245 horsepower at 5,500 rpm and 275 lb.-ft. of torque at 3,000 rpm
To give you the best ride possible, the Ford Escape can be equipped with an Intelligent 4WD System that continuously monitors traction and road conditions every 16 milliseconds. Other performance benefits of the 2018 Ford Escape include up to 3,500 pounds of towing capacity, 26-mpg in combined fuel efficiency, Curve Control, Torque Vectoring Control, and a six-speed SelectShift automatic transmission.
Safety For All
A high-performance SUV needs to be safe as well as fun. The 2018 Ford Escape for sale at Southern California Ford Dealers is equipped with the latest safety features like the Ford Safe and Smart Package, which includes:
- Driver-activated front rain-sensing windshield wipers
- Auto high-beam headlamps
- BLIS (Blind Spot Information System) with Cross-Traffic Alert
- Lane-Keeping System
- Adaptive Cruise Control and Forward Collision Warning with Brake Support
Connectivity and Comfort
Unfortunately, Southern California is all about sitting in traffic so you better make sure you can stay comfortable and connected. The 2018 Ford Escape offers a number of outstanding standard and optional hi-tech features such as SYNC 3, Ford Pass, SiriusXM Satellite Radio and Navigation, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility, and a standard rear view camera. To help you enjoy every moment in your Ford Escape you can get a Panoramic Vista Roof, ergonomic steering wheel with available heat feature, 60/40 split-fold-flat rear seat backs, dual-zone electronic automatic temperature control, and sporty V-shaped partial leather-trimmed seats.
How the 2018 Ford Escape Stacks Up
It's clear that we like the 2018 Ford Escape, but we don't expect you to just take our word for it. In fact, the 2018 Ford Escape reviews are pretty darn impressive and include an 8.7 out of 10 from U.S. News & World Report and 8.2 out of 10 from Kelley Blue Book. While we've laid out the strengths of the Ford Escape, we also wanted to encourage our customers to compare this exciting SUV with others on the market. The best way to do this is by using the comparison tool available from Southern California Ford Dealers. If you want to learn even more about the 2018 Ford Escape, locate the nearest member of Southern California Ford Dealers and schedule a test-drive today!