The 2018 Ford Expedition from your Southern California Ford Dealers is Ford’s largest SUV. It has three spacious rows of seating, plus a huge storage area behind the seats. It is built using the same body-on-frame construction as the rugged F-150 pickup truck, and is just as capable on and off the road.
For 2018, the Expedition follows in the footsteps of the F-150 and gets an all-new aluminum body to sit atop its high-strength steel frame. This change to aluminum has resulted in significant weight savings – 300 pounds worth!
A new FX4 Off-Road Package available for the XLT trim includes upgraded shocks, a heavy-duty radiator, 18” dark gray-painted cast-aluminum wheels, an electronic limited-slip differential, and underbody skid plates.
The standard engine on the 2018 Ford Expedition XLT and Limited is a 3.5L EcoBoost V6 that is direct-injected, turbocharged, and intercooled. It gives you a power output of 375 horsepower and has auto start-stop technology for improved fuel efficiency.
The 2018 Expedition Platinum comes standard with an upgraded version of the 3.5L EcoBoost V6. It puts out an even 400 horsepower as well as increased torque. This provides you with even more passing power on the highway.
Both Expedition engines are mated to an all-new smooth-shifting, economical ten-speed automatic transmission. Two-wheel drive is standard and four-wheel drive is optional on all versions of the 2018 Ford Expedition. The Terrain Management System is standard equipment on the four-wheel-drive Expedition.
- 325 hp/380 lb.-ft of torque,* standard AWD on V6 Sport
- 6-speed SelecShift® automatic transmission with available steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters that offer a fun-to-drive experience
- European-inspired independent MacPherson strut-type suspension with stabilizer bar to help reduce road noise and vibrations - and reduce body roll while cornering
- Electric power-assisted steering(EPAS) with pull-drift compensation to help continuously correct for road irregularities and to improve overall steering feel - especially when driving on crowned roads or in heavy side winds
- Continuously controlled damping is exclusive to V6 Sport within this lineup and delivers and composed, controlled cornering and a smooth ride over rough pavement
Standard in-car tech on the 2018 Ford Expedition includes a six-speaker audio system with AM/FM stereo/single-CD player with MP3 capability and SYNC. Available features are SYNC 3 with 8” LCD touchscreen and SYNC Connect, voice-activated navigation, dual-headrest rear seat entertainment system with Sling Media integration, a 4G modem with Wi-Fi hotspot, wireless phone charging, and remote starting.
Get Your Free Quote