The Ford Motor Company has been a leader in the production of fuel efficient, eco-friendly, and electrified vehicles for a very long time. The 2018 Ford C-Max Hybrid from your Southern California Ford Dealers is a great compact five-door hatchback that also saves you loads of money every time you fill up the tank. It gets great mileage, day in and day out. Best of all, you never have to plug it in!
Simply stated, a hybrid vehicle uses both a gasoline engine and an electric motor powered by a battery. The 2018 Ford C-Max Hybrid is what’s known as a conventional hybrid.
A conventional hybrid, like the 2018 Ford C-Max Hybrid, uses its gasoline engine for primary power. It also has an electric motor with a small battery that is used to assist the gasoline engine to improve its fuel efficiency. This type of hybrid will use its electric motor for power at lower speeds or starting from rest, and has a limited electric-only range. A conventional hybrid’s battery is recharged solely by the gasoline engine as you drive. Conventional hybrids do not have a plug and cannot be externally charged. They produce excellent fuel economy without the need for any charging infrastructure.
The 2018 Ford C-Max Hybrid is powered by a 2.0L, 141-horsepower Atkinson-cycle four-cylinder engine. Its 35 kWh electric motor is powered by a 1.4 kWh lithium-ion battery pack. Total system horsepower is 188 and top speed in electric-only mode is 62 mph. The C-MAX Hybrid gets an EPA-estimated 42 City MPG and 38 Highway MPG.*
- 325 hp/380 lb.-ft of torque,* standard AWD on V6 Sport
- 6-speed SelecShift® automatic transmission with available steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters that offer a fun-to-drive experience
- European-inspired independent MacPherson strut-type suspension with stabilizer bar to help reduce road noise and vibrations - and reduce body roll while cornering
- Electric power-assisted steering(EPAS) with pull-drift compensation to help continuously correct for road irregularities and to improve overall steering feel - especially when driving on crowned roads or in heavy side winds
- Continuously controlled damping is exclusive to V6 Sport within this lineup and delivers and composed, controlled cornering and a smooth ride over rough pavement
The 2018 Ford C-Max Hybrid is available in two trim levels: the SE trim and the Titanium trim.
The Ford C-Max Hybrid’s extensive standard equipment list includes a leather-wrapped tilt/telescopic steering wheel with audio controls; dual-zone automatic temperature control; a six-speaker audio system with MP3, auxiliary input, and SiriusXM Radio; SYNC; 17” aluminum wheels; remote keyless entry; a rear spoiler; two 12-volt power points; capless fuel filler; a 110-volt power outlet; active noise control; and a 120-volt charge cord;
Optional features on the 2018 Ford C-Max Hybrid include voice-activated navigation system with SiriusXM Traffic and Travel Link, a panoramic glass roof, SecuriCode keyless entry keypad, and SYNC 3 with 8” color touchscreen plus two smart-charging USB ports.
Get Your Free Quote