OFFICIAL RULES FOR BIG BEAR MOUNTAIN/SNOW
SUMMIT LIFT TICKET GIVEAWAY
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
5. Eligibility: This contest (“Contest”) is open only to those who submit an entry in accordance with paragraph 4 below who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. The Contest is only open to legal residents of the Counties of Los Angeles, Ventura, Santa Barbara, Kern, Orange, San Bernardino, Riverside, and Imperial, California, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Ford Dealers Advertising Association of Southern California (“FDAA”), its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contest entrant(“You”) agrees to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of FDAA as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Contest and these Official Rules.
3. Contest Period: Entries will be accepted starting on March 2, 2018, and ending March 15, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. PST.
4. How to Enter: The Contest may be entered during the Contest Period by entrant liking the FDAA profile on Facebook or Instagram.
5. Prize/Winner Selection: Twenty-five winners (“Winner”) will be selected by random drawing. 8 Winners will be selected on March 5; 8 Winners will be selected on March 10; and 9 Winners will be selected on March 16 from the Facebook and Instagram entrants and each Winner will receive a set of two daily lift tickets to Big Bear Mountain or Snow Summit with an estimated value of $99 for each ticket. LIFT TICKETS ARE NOT VALID FOR HOLIDAYS (see list of Holidays posted by Big Bear Mountain and Snow Summit on their websites).
No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at FDAA’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Notification: Winner will be notified by Facebook or Instagram direct message within five (5) days following selection of Winner. FDAA shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to provide the information necessary to claim the prize within 5 days from the time award notification was sent, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT FDAA’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Terms & Conditions: FDAA reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond FDAA ‘s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, FDAA may select Winners from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by FDAA. FDAA reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest. FDAA has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, and to void entries for any reason. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, FDAA reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
9. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold FDAA, Facebook, and Instagram and their subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Contest or the processing or counting of entries. You also hereby release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against FDAA, Facebook, and Instagram, or their agents, officers, directors, employees, service providers, and any other person or entity associated with the Contest, including any rights under California Civil Code Section 1542 which provides as follows: “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his or her favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him or her must have materially affected his or her settlement with the debtor.”
10. Disputes: THIS Contest IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF United States AND California, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in California having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
12. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: FDAA, 1010 East Union St., Suite 212, Pasadena, CA 91106. Requests must be received no later than March 30, 2018.
13. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Contest is FDAA, 1010 East Union St., Suite 212, Pasadena, CA 91106.
14. The Contest hosted by FDAA is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram.