2019 Ford F-150 Performance features
2019 Ford F-150 performance features
Main trim levels available on the 2019 Ford F-150 include XL, XLT, Lariat, King Ranch, Platinum and Limited. A purpose-built off-road Raptor edition is also offered. Each variant comes with a select set of performance features.
Six advanced engine options
A total of six engine options are available in the 2019 Ford F150. All but the diesel includes Twin Independent Variable Camshaft Timing (Ti-VCT); a technology that precisely controls valve duration for maximum efficiency. Gas engines also employ Port-Fuel and Direct Injection (PFDI), which uses two fuel injectors per cylinder, to improve output and economy.
Engine choices for the current model year include the following:
- 3.3L Ti-VCT V6 (290 hp, 265 lb.-ft.) – standard in XL and XLT models.
- 2.7L EcoBoost V6 (325 hp, 400 lb.-ft.) – standard in Lariat models.
- 3.0L Power Stroke turbodiesel V6 (250 hp, 440 lb.-ft.) – available in most models. Provides the F-150 with best-in-class diesel fuel economy, as well as best-in-class diesel towing and payload when properly equipped.
- 3.5L EcoBoost V6 (375 hp, 470 lb.-ft.) – available in most models. Gives the F-150 class-leading towing capability when properly equipped.
- 5.0L Ti-VCT V8 (395 hp, 470 lb.-ft.) – standard in King Ranch models. Provides the F-150 with best-in-class payload when properly equipped.
· High-output 3.5L EcoBoost V6 (450 hp, 510 lb.-ft.) – standard in both Limited and Raptor models.
10-speed automatic transmission and robust drivetrain
Except for the 3.3L V6, which mates to a 6-speed automatic transmission, all engine options come with an advanced 10-speed automatic. The unit features wide-span gear spacing and three overdrive gears for maximum performance and efficiency. Selectable drive modes – Normal, Tow-Haul, Snow-Wet, EcoSelect and Sport – are built-in as well.
Of course, the F-150 is offered with the option of either rear-wheel drive or four-wheel drive. Trucks equipped with 4x4 can be had with the FX4 package; a bundle that adds off-road equipment such as a locking differential and skid plates. Rough terrain doesn’t stand a chance against the FX4 pickup truck.
High-performance Raptor model
Unlike the rest of the F-150 lineup, the Raptor model is a purpose-built, off-road machine.
The one-of-a-kind pickup features a raised ride height, large all-terrain tires and beadlock-capable wheels. Also, there’s the Ford Torque-On-Demand transfer case and an electronic locking rear differential.
And, new for 2019, the Raptor now comes with FOX live valve monotube shocks that use an electronic solenoid to provide variable compression dampening. Another update is the addition of Trail Control; a type of off-road cruise control. Together, the long list of features makes the truck virtually unstoppable, both on pavement and off pavement.
Visit the Southern California Ford Dealers
The entire lineup of Ford trucks – including the 2019 Ford F-150 – can be found at your local Sothern California Ford Dealers. Stop by to take a test drive and find the truck of your dreams.