2018 Ford F-150 vs Toyota Tacoma
In an effort to keep our customers as informed as possible, the experts attry to compare the amazing cars, trucks, and SUV from Ford with others on the road. Today, we thought we'd put our 2018 Ford F-150 for sale at our participating members with the 2018 Toyota Tacoma.
2018 Ford F-150
Available in seven unique trim levels, three cab sizes (Regular, SuperCab, and SuperCrew), and 14 bold exterior colors, the 2018 Ford F-150 is a high-performance machine. Depending on the trim you can choose from five different engines:
· 3.5-liter twin-turbo EcoBoost PFDI that produces 375 horsepower and 470 lb.-ft. of torque
· 2.7-liter EcoBoost V6 PFDI that puts out 325 horsepower and 400 lb.-ft. of torque
· 3.3-liter Ti-VCT V6 PFDI that kicks out 290 horsepower and 265 lb.-ft. of torque
· 5.0-liter Ti-VCT V8 DI engine that creates a robust 395 horsepower and 400 lb.-ft. of torque as well as best-in-class payload
· Raptor DOHC 24-valve high-output 3.5-liter EcoBoost that generates more power than the previous 6.2-liter V8 and produces 450 horsepower and 510 lb.-ft. of torque
You also get a unique 10-speed automatic transmission that features optimized wide-span gear spacing. If all of that wasn't enough, 2018 Ford F-150 offers a Best-In-Class Towing rating of 13,200 pounds, Best-In-Class payload rating of 3,270 pounds, and Class-Exclusive Pro Trailer Backup Assist.
As far as safety, the 2018 Ford F-150 can be equipped with a Rear View Camera, safety canopy side curtain airbags, Blind Spot Information System with Cross-Traffic Alert, and inflatable second-row safety belts. If you're after the latest technology in your pick-up truck, the 2018 Ford F-150 lets you stay connected with the available SYNC Connect with WiFi hotspot and FordPass system and the SYNC 3 system that offers Ford's easy-to-use voice-activated technology.
2018 Toyota Tacoma
The Toyota Tacoma is a perfectly serviceable truck when it comes to performance. It's most powerful engine is a 3.5-liter V6 that produces 278 horsepower at 6,000 rpm and 265 lb.-ft. of torque at 4,600 rpm, which falls short of even the smallest engine available on the F-150. The Tacoma comes with Toyota Safety Sense, driver and front passenger Advanced Airbag System, and Hill Start Assist. Other comfort and tech benefits of the 2018 Toyota Tacoma include:
· Analog instrumentation with speedometer, tachometer, coolant temperature and fuel gauges
· Air conditioning
· Entune Audio with a 6.1-inch touch-screen display
· Fabric-trimmed 4-way adjustable driver's seat
Which Is Right For You?
While it's clear thatbeats the Toyota Tacoma in almost every category imaginable, it's impossible to make a proper choice without test-driving both. While we can't help you with the Tacoma, dealers that we represent can easily get you behind the wheel of a 2018 Ford F-150 today. All you need to do is visit and we can direct you to your local Southern California Ford dealership. Don't forget to check out all the amazing Ford truck, SUV, and car specials available from the Southern California Ford Dealers.