The 2016 Transit Connect has a sleek, stylish appearance. And even when parked, it appears to be in motion.
The Transit Connect has an attractive, contemporary look. The interior is as stylish as it is comfortable, with your choice of vinyl, cloth or leather-trimmed seating surfaces. To make accessing cargo easy, dual sliding side doors are standard. Loading cargo in the rear is simple as well, thanks to a low load floor, tall cargo height and wide width between the wheelhouses. There's enough room to store a bicycle without having to take the wheels off. Want a little sun without the wind? A panoramic fixed-glass Vista Roof® is available. You also have your choice of wheels.
Take your choice of vinyl, cloth or leather-trimmed seating surfaces. For optimal comfort, Titanium has a standard heated six-way power driver’s seat and heated passenger seat. Other Titanium standard amenities include second-row fold-flat bucket seats, SYNC® with MyFord®, a leather-trimmed steering wheel, interior auto-dimming rearview mirror, rear view camera and dual-zone electronic automatic temperature control. In addition, Transit Connect offers a front-row, full-width, overhead storage shelf and front grab handles for easy entry or exit.
• XL and XLT wagon models come with standard 16-inch steel wheels and full wheel covers
• The Titanium model features standard 16-inch alloy wheels
• Transit Connect XLT Wagons can be equipped with available 16-inch alloy wheels
• XLT and Titanium models can be equipped with available 17-inch alloy wheels or 17-inch premium alloy wheels
• The height of the load floor behind the front seats is less than two feet
• The maximum cargo height is 42.2 inches for long-wheelbase models, 49.0 inches for short-wheelbase models
• The width between the wheelhouses is 46.9 inches
• The rear cargo-door opening width is 47.0 inches
• With the second-row seats folded, there is 104.0 cu. ft. of storage* in long-wheelbase models, 77.1 cu. ft. of storage* in short-wheelbase models
• Choose either liftgate or rear cargo doors**
• Dual sliding doors are standard on all models
*Behind the first row.
**Excludes Titanium model.
Available Panoramic Fixed-Glass Vista Roof®
The fixed-glass panoramic Vista Roof acts as a skylight.
• Natural light streams in
• Includes a power shade
• Available on the Transit Connect XLT Wagon and Titanium models
The Transit Connect Wagon can carry up to seven passengers. The third-row seats in the long-wheelbase model can move backward and forward, which is especially helpful if you have passengers with long legs. Second-row fold-flat leather-trimmed bucket seats are standard in the Titanium model and available in the XLT long-wheelbase wagon.
The Transit Connect, especially the short-wheelbase model, is a natural when it comes to maneuvering into small parking spots or navigating around tight spaces. It has a turning diameter of 36.1 feet, while the long-wheelbase model has a turning diameter of 40.0 feet.
The short-wheelbase Transit Connect Wagon.
• Features a second row with seats that flip, fold and tumble to provide additional cargo room
• For even more storage room, you can remove one or both second-row seats
• Available in the XLT model
The long-wheelbase Transit Connect Wagon.
• Has three rows of seating with room for six or seven passengers
• Available in XL, XLT and Titanium models
The Transit Connect has several storage areas:
• Front overhead storage shelf
• Map pockets in the front-door trim panel pockets
• Available second-row aircraft-style overhead storage compartment
Easy Fuel® Capless Fuel Filler
The Easy Fuel capless fuel filler eliminates the need to put the gas cap back on after fueling because there is no cap. After you remove the nozzle from the fuel tank, the seal is shut automatically.
Available BLIS® (Blind Spot Information System) with Cross-Traffic Alert
Available BLIS (Blind Spot Information System) with cross-traffic alert helps make driving more convenient. It uses radar to identify if a vehicle is detected in your blind spot and alerts you with an indicator light in the appropriate exterior mirror. Cross-traffic alert also uses radar to watch for traffic behind you as you’re backing slowly out of a parking spot or driveway. If cross-traffic sensors detect a vehicle approaching from up to 15 yards away, you will be audibly and visually alerted.
SYNC® with MyFord® or SYNC with MyFord Touch®
Available voice-activated SYNC27 technology helps you keep your eyes on the road and hands on the wheel.
• Make a call with a simple push of a button along with the sound of your voice, and the phone conversation can be heard through your vehicle speakers
Automatic phone book download
• Download the names and numbers programmed in your compatible phone automatically
Music search and control
• Say what music you want to hear and listen to it easily with voice-activated search or say “Bluetooth® audio” to stream your favorite content on your phone wirelessly48
• Use your voice to control some of your favorite compatible mobile apps while driving63
No-extra-charge 911 Assist®
• Connect your compatible cell phone to this convenient no-charge feature to help call 911, even if you can’t28
Upgrade to SYNC with MyFord Touch for enhanced capabilities:
Color-coded touch screen
• Easily read and control the things you want with a color-coded display including entertainment, phone
Experience voice-activated technology. SYNC. Say the word.
Click below for a complete description of SYNC with MyFord and SYNC with MyFord Touch on Transit Connect.
Available Rear View Camera
The available rear view camera,10 included with optional audio systems, provides a video image on the center console screen of the area behind your vehicle. The camera is activated when you shift into Reverse and back up slowly. The screen has guides to help you align your vehicle with a trailer or assist you with backing up in tight places. Standard in the Transit Connect XLT Wagon and Titanium.
Available Forward and Reverse Sensing Systems
The available Forward Sensing System* warns you about objects in front of the vehicle. The available Reverse Sensing System10 audibly alerts you to certain objects located directly behind your vehicle when you’re backing up at slow speeds. With both systems, the closer you get to an object, the faster the beeps.
*Requires Reverse Sensing System.
Safety Canopy® System
Located in the roof side rail behind the headliner, the side-curtain airbags* deploy downward and outward toward the side-window opening to protect the heads of outboard passengers. It’s triggered independently of the driver and front-passenger airbags by side-impact sensors. Roll-fold technology helps the airbag slide between the glass and occupant as the airbag inflates.
The Safety Canopy System will not interfere with properly installed child safety seats or booster seats and is designed to stay inflated longer for added protection in a rollover or multiple side impacts.
*Always wear safety belts and secure children in the rear seat.
Available SiriusXM Satellite Radio
Welcome to the world of SiriusXM. Enjoy more than 150 channels, including commercial-free music, plus live sports play-by-play, news, talk, and exclusive entertainment. And now you can listen to everything, everywhere with a six-month trial subscription to the Sirius All Access package, included with your new vehicle purchase. You’ll hear every channel available in your vehicle, plus you can listen online or on the go with the SiriusXM app 34.
MyKey is designed to encourage good driving habits.
• Limits top speed to 65, 70, 75 or 80 mph
• Selectable speed alert chimes at 45, 55 or 65 mph
• Limits radio volume to 45 percent
• Sets the Belt-Minder® to chime, while muting the audio system, until the safety belt is buckled
• Provides low-fuel warning sooner (75 miles to empty)
• Personalized settings for two keys
The Transit Connect has an EPA-estimated rating of 29 mpg hwy* when equipped with the available 1.6L EcoBoost® I-4 gas engine.** The standard 2.5L Duratec® I-4 engine has an EPA-estimated rating of 19 city/27 hwy/22 combined mpg. Actual mileage will vary.
*EPA-estimated ratings of 22 city/29 hwy/25 combined mpg. Actual mileage will vary. Class is Small Vans based on Ford Segmentation.
**Only available on short-wheelbase models.
Available 1.6L EcoBoost® I-4 Gas Engine
The available 1.6L EcoBoost I-4 gas engine* has an EPA-estimated rating of 29 mpg hwy**, unsurpassed 178 horsepower† and best-in-class 184 lb.-ft. of torque. It is coupled to a six-speed SelectShift® automatic transmission engineered to handle everyday use with the low-end torque needed for towing.
*Only available on short-wheelbase models for Transit Connect Wagon.
**EPA-estimated ratings of 22 city/29 hwy/25 combined mpg. 1.6L EcoBoost. Actual mileage will vary. Class is Small Vans based on Ford Segmentation.
†Tested with 93-octane fuel.
2.5L Duratec® I-4 Engine
The 2.5L Duratec® I-4 engine delivers 169 horsepower and 171 lb.-ft. of torque and has an EPA-estimated rating of 27 hwy mpg.* It’s coupled to a six-speed SelectShift® automatic transmission, engineered to handle everyday truck use and to provide the low-end torque needed for towing.
*EPA-estimated rating of 19 city/27 hwy/22 combined mpg. Actual mileage will vary.
Electric Power-Assisted Steering (EPAS)
EPAS uses an electric motor instead of a hydraulic pump. This results in control that can be precisely programmed to enable technologies that help steering control, such as pulldrift compensation and active nibble control. The EPAS electric motor operates only when steering assistance is required. This is a better way of managing energy than traditional hydraulic systems, which run continuously.
AdvanceTrac® with Roll Stability Control™ (RSC®)
This electronic stability system provides enhanced control in slick conditions such as snow, rain or even on gravel roads. RSC provides enhanced side-slip control and electronic rollover stability for the vehicle. It utilizes gyroscopic sensors to monitor vehicle roll motion and rate of turning in milliseconds. This helps determine when and how RSC will utilize the brakes to help keep all four wheels of the vehicle firmly planted.39
Get Your Free Quote
All fields required