Available voice-activated SYNC technology helps you keep your eyes on the road and hands on the wheel.
• Make a call with a simple push of a button along with the sound of your voice, and the phone conversation can be heard through your vehicle speakers
Automatic Phone Book Download
• Download the names and numbers programmed in your compatible phone automatically
Music search and control
• Say what music you want to hear and listen to it easily with voice-activated search or say “Bluetooth® audio” to stream your favorite content on your phone wirelessly
• Use your voice to control some of your favorite compatible mobile apps while driving
No-extra-charge 911 Assist®
• Connect your compatible cell phone to this convenient no-charge feature to help call 911, even if you can’t
Upgrade to SYNC 3. Our next generation of voice-activated technology.
New easy-to-use design. New interface. New features. SYNC 3 is not only new, it’s responsive and innovative. Just say the word and discover how SYNC 3 delivers next-level connectivity.
New hardware meets new software
• Find an easy-to-read color touch screen that conveniently displays phone, audio and available navigation functions all on the home screen
• Experience quick reactions to your commands. From a light tap on the touch screen to simple voice commands, SYNC 3 delivers at an impressive speed
Capacitive touch screen
• The capacitive touch screen has impressive responsiveness such as the convenient swipe feature, similar to what is found on your smartphone
Enhanced voice recognition
• Talk with simple, real-world voice commands and the system responds naturally to your voice
Easy destination entry
• Locate your favorite restaurants, nearest ATM and more, with simple destination entry via the optional navigation
Siri® seamless integration
• Bring the power of Siri Eyes Free and your iPhone® into your vehicle
Automatic updates over Wi-Fi®
• Keep SYNC 3 up-to-date with the latest software as updates become available – all you need is a Wi-Fi connection
Experience voice-activated technology. SYNC. Say the word.
Click below for a complete description of SYNC with MyFord and SYNC 3 on F-150
SYNC® is an optional feature. Features/functionality vary by vehicle/model. Driving while distracted can result in loss of vehicle control. Only use SYNC systems/other devices, even with voice commands, when it is safe to do so. Some features may be locked out while the vehicle is in gear. Not all features are compatible with all phones. Message and data rates may apply. Optional Navigation System map updates cannot be received via Wi-fi® and require a separate update.
You must have a Bluetooth®-enabled phone paired to your SYNC® system. The Bluetooth word mark is a trademark of the Bluetooth SIG, Inc. HD Radio is a proprietary trademark of iBiquity Digital Corp. iPad®, iPod®, iTunes®, iPhone®, and Siri® are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. The term Wi-Fi® is a registered trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance®. Optional Navigation System map updates cannot be received via wi-fi and require a separate update. Sony is a registered trademark of the Sony Corporation.
SYNC® AppLink™ is available on select models and compatible with select smartphone platforms. SYNC AppLink is not compatible with MyFord Touch. Commands may vary by phone and AppLink software.
The vehicle's electrical system (including the battery), the wireless service provider's signal and a connected mobile phone must all be available and operating for 911 Assist to function properly. These systems may become damaged in a crash. The paired mobile phone must be connected to SYNC, and the 911 Assist feature enabled, in order for 911 to be dialed. When the feature is ON, 911 Assist uses your paired and connected mobile phone to assist occupants to contact emergency services by dialing 911 if your airbag deploys or, on certain vehicles, if the emergency fuel pump shut-off is activated. Aftermarket on-board diagnostic devices may interfere with various vehicle systems including Vehicle Health Report and 911 Assist. To avoid interference, remove the device or contact the device maker for more information on compatibility.