You don’t have to be a driving enthusiast to appreciate the 2015 Focus. Actually, this car will turn you into one. There’s standard Torque Vectoring Control, which provides torque to the wheels that have the most grip. It virtually eliminates understeer, forcing the front end to hug the inside of each curve. The engine features twin independent variable camshaft timing (Ti-VCT) for an extra measure of precision that contributes to efficiency or power output, as conditions demand. Look at some of the other performance features we put into the Focus:
• Standard 2.0L Ti-VCT direct-injection I-4 flex-fuel engine
• Available PowerShift® six-speed automatic transmission
• Electric power-assisted steering (EPAS)
• Aerodynamic design*
• Active Grille Shutters
• Available sport-tuned suspension
• Rear stabilizer bar, fully independent control blade rear suspension
*Not available on Focus ST and Electric.
Just because it looks and handles like a sports car doesn’t mean it has to burn gas like a sports car. Check out these numbers:
• SE Sedan with SFE Package: EPA-estimated rating of up to 28 city/40 hwy/33 combined mpg*
• Focus ST with 2.0L EcoBoost® engine: EPA-estimated rating of 23 city/32 hwy/26 combined mpg*
• Focus Electric: EPA-estimated rating of 110 city/99 hwy/105 combined MPGe**
*Actual mileage will vary.
**Actual mileage will vary. MPGe is the EPA equivalent measure of gasoline fuel efficiency for electric mode operation.
Available PowerShift® Automatic Six-Speed Transmission With SelectShift®
Part of what makes Focus so fun to drive is its fully engaging available PowerShift automatic six-speed transmission. It delivers seamless gear changes and excellent responsiveness. Certain models also include available SelectShift, which lets you change gears at the touch of a button.
Electric Power-Assisted Steering
EPAS automatically adjusts to deliver precise responses at high speed and optimal maneuverability at slower speeds when needed. Its pull-drift compensation technology constantly measures the driver’s steering input, adapts to changing road conditions and helps compensate for slight directional shifts caused by factors such as uneven road surfaces or crosswinds. What you’ll notice are enhanced responsiveness and excellent control, specifically tuned for each Focus model. EPAS on Focus ST is enhanced with a variable EPAS rack. This gives you more precise steering and means more aggressive tuning of the torque steer compensation, allowing you to accelerate while still maintaining grip on roads with uneven surfaces. The system detects the torque steer that those conditions can create and counteracts the effect to help you feel in control.
AdvanceTrac® Electronic Stability Control (ESC) with Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS)
Focus smart technology constantly monitors road conditions and driver responses – adjusting engine power and applying ABS to help keep all your wheels firmly planted. ESC brings an added measure of handling confidence to the agility you expect in a Ford Focus.
*Remember that even advanced technology cannot overcome the laws of physics. It’s always possible to lose control of a vehicle due to inappropriate driver input for the conditions.
Focus ST = Power and Performance
The Focus ST is equipped for the true driving aficionado. Features include:
• Variable-ratio steering rack makes steering less sensitive on straightaways and adjusts for increased sensitivity at the corners
• Front and rear disc brakes
• Torque Vectoring Control adjusts the speed between the front wheels to enhance cornering agility and reduce understeer while helping the vehicle hold the road when accelerating a corner
• Variable-Ratio Electric Power-Assisted Steering (EPAS) with torque steer compensation for an enhanced, more confident steering feel
• 2.0L EcoBoost® engine delivering 252 hp* and 270 lb.-ft. of torque
• Turbo Boost gauges
*Using 93-octane fuel.
The Focus Electric offers the dynamic driving experience of a gas Focus, but gets all of its power from an advanced state-of-the-art 23 kWh liquid-cooled lithium-ion battery and is engineered to reach a top speed of 84 mph. It delivers 100 percent torque at initial rpm and has an EPA-estimated range of 76 miles on each full charge.*
*EPA-estimated. Actual range varies with conditions such as external elements, driving behaviors, vehicle maintenance, and lithium-ion battery age.
Through its confident stance, dynamic lines and great detailing, the curves and lines, fascia, grille and dragon-eye headlamps on the Focus convey energy. Lots of energy.
• Ultra-high-strength boron steel-reinforced safety cage construction - Used in critical areas of the body structure to help protect occupants in the event of a collision
• Standard front seat-mounted side airbags – Designed to help enhance chest protection for front-seat occupants with shoulder vents, delivering varying levels of pressure based on the size of the occupant and the amount the passenger shoulder blocks the vent
• Driver’s knee airbag* - Works along with the driver’s front airbag to help reduce injury to the legs during a collision
• Safety Canopy® side-curtain airbags* (first and second row) - Deploys from the headliner to cover both rows of the vehicle in certain accidents
• Personal Safety System - Sensors trigger deployment of the dual-stage front airbags of the Personal Safety System; additional sensors in the Front Passenger Sensing System determine occupant weight and safety belt status to optimize deployment force
• AdvanceTrac® electronic stability control – Helps maintain vehicle control in adverse driving situations or when making evasive maneuvers on slippery pavement
• Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS) - Electronically "pumps" the brakes several times per second when the computer-controlled sensors indicate wheel lockup during hard braking
• Tire Pressure Monitoring System** - Detects actual tire pressure and activate a warning light in the vehicle’s instrument cluster when a tire is significantly underinflated
• AdvanceTrac® electronic stability control (ESC) - Helps you maintain vehicle control in adverse driving situations or when making evasive maneuvers on slippery pavement
• LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren) System - LATCH-compatible child safety seat attaches to the lower anchor points by means of flexible tethers or rigid latch bars
*Always wear your safety belt and secure children in the rear seat. **Not included on spare tire.
Nothing complements the look of a car better than its wheels.
• Focus Electric - standard 17-inch aluminum wheels
The Focus Electric sports an impressive list of standard exterior features, such as:
• Cleverly designed illuminated charge port on the driver’s front fender (available charge port door graphics)
• Focus Electric badging
• Unique Piano Black grille with chrome accents
• Quad-beam HID headlamps with autolamp on/off feature and LED accents, LED taillamps
• 17-inch painted aluminum wheels
• Body-color door handles
• Rear spoiler
Available SYNC® with MyFord Touch®
Available SYNC voice-activated technology and customizable interactive screens help you stay connected to your world while you keep your eyes on the road and hands on the wheel.27
• Hands-free calling means you never have to miss a call. If your phone rings, you can answer with the push of a button, and you can make a call with the sound of your voice27
• Use the automatic phone book download to find the names and numbers programmed in your compatible phone48, 27
• Plug in your compatible digital music player, USB drive or SD card and browse your music collection using voice commands27
• 911 Assist® can use your connected mobile phone to help call 911 when you can’t28
• Send/receive audible text messages27
• Two screens (depending on the model) on either side of the instrument cluster let you easily see key features27
27. SYNC is available on most Ford vehicles. Features/functionality vary by vehicle/model. Driving while distracted can result in loss of vehicle control. Only use SYNC/MyFord Touch/other devices, even with voice commands, when it is safe to do so. Some features may be locked out while the vehicle is in gear. Traffic alerts and turn-by-turn directions available in select markets. Not all features are compatible with all phones. Message and data rates may apply.
28. The vehicle's electrical system (including the battery), the wireless service provider's signal and a connected mobile phone must all be available and operating for 911 Assist to function properly. These systems may become damaged in a crash. The paired mobile phone must be connected to SYNC, and the 911 Assist feature enabled, in order for 911 to be dialed. When the feature is ON, 911 Assist uses your paired and connected mobile phone to assist occupants to contact emergency services by dialing 911 if your airbag deploys or, on certain vehicles, if the emergency fuel pump shut-off is activated.
48. You must have a Bluetooth®-enabled phone paired to your SYNC system. The Bluetooth word mark is a trademark of the Bluetooth SIG, Inc. HD Radio is a proprietary trademark of iBiquity Digital Corp. iPad®, iPod® and iTunes® are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. The term Wi-Fi® is a registered trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance®. Sony is a registered trademark of the Sony Corporation.
Active Park Assist
Active park assist* is designed to help make parallel parking a breeze. While driving slowly near parking spots, simply activate this feature and it scans for available parking spots. Ultrasonic sensors measure the distance to the curb and other parked cars. Once a big enough spot is identified, you’re signaled to stop and accept the system’s assistance. All you do is control the shifting, accelerating and braking.
*Driver assist features are supplemental and do not replace the driver’s judgment.
Available Intelligent Access With Push-Button Start
With the key fob in your pocket or in your bag, simply open the driver’s door by touching the inside of the front exterior door handle – no key is needed. Once inside, press the brake pedal and then the start button, shift into gear and go.
MyKey lets you program individual keys, so that two members of a household can share a car, yet have personalized settings take effect when they use their unique keys. You can designate a key to operate special features, such as restricting the vehicle’s top speed to 65, 70, 75 or 80 mph and limiting the audio system to 45 percent of maximum volume. It also provides a warning when the fuel tank reaches 75 miles to empty, allows the owner to select speed alert chimes at 45, 55 or 65 mph, and sets the Belt-Minder® to chime while muting the audio system until the safety belt is buckled.
240-Volt Charging Station
A 240-volt home charging station is available for purchase with or without installation services from AeroVironment™. If you decide to have the unit installed, an AeroVironment-affiliated electrician will perform an electrical audit and then install the 240-volt charging station. The electrician will handle everything, including securing the required permits. If you like, you can have a preferred electrician install the AeroVironment charging station or one offered by Leviton.® Both are branded by Ford Motor Company, and each unit can be hardwired or plugged into a 240-volt outlet for nonpermanent installation, easy removal or replacement. For more information, please call 1-888-219-6747 or visit evsolutions.com/ford.
MyFord® Mobile app
The mobile app from Ford, standard on the Focus Electric, and myfordmobile.com, let you monitor and schedule charging your Focus Electric from just about anywhere, to help you maximize your range. Get remote charging status updates, so you can check charge levels and available range. Find the location of your vehicle if you’re not in it as well as the nearest charging stations and the most efficient route to get there. The app and website also estimates the amount of CO2 emissions, and the amount of gas saved, based on your driving style. Other things MyFord® Mobile** and myfordmobile.com let you do include:
• Creating a journey with multiple stops using Tripminder
• Finding charging stations within range utilizing charge station finder
• Using Send to SYNC, send specific locations to your car and generate directions
• Engaging remote vehicle preconditioning,* using grid power to heat or cool vehicle interior
• Program charging with utility input, allowing the car to charge when it’s most convenient or when electricity prices are lowest
• Remotely lock/unlock doors
*Effectiveness of cabin conditioning may be reduced by extreme outside temperatures or when using 120-volt charging.
**MyFord Mobile subscription complimentary for five years from vehicle sale date as recorded by the dealer. Subscription fees apply after five years. MyFord Mobile requires a compatible 2G independent cellular network. Evolving technology and cellular networks may affect future functionality.
Little things make a big difference in the Focus. There’s available real alloy trim, detailed French seams sewn into available leather-trimmed seating and available Piano Black accents. Then there are the features you won’t see, the ones that provide a quiet interior. There are acoustic materials in the dash, hood, headliner and luggage compartment as well as an acoustic-laminate windshield.
Navigation System with SiriusXM Traffic and Travel Link
The available Navigation System with SiriusXM Traffic and Travel Link* combines global positioning system (GPS) technology with 3-D mapping and provides voice-guided turn-by-turn directions, giving you your choice of fastest, shortest, or EcoRoute mode that instantly calculates the most fuel-efficient route and can help you achieve better fuel economy. With SiriusXM Traffic and SiriusXM Travel Link, you’ll get detailed traffic information, plus current and forecast weather, gas station locations and prices, sports scores and schedules, and theater locations with movie listings and times.
*SiriusXM Satellite Radio, Traffic and Travel Link subscriptions sold separately or as a package after trial expires. SiriusXM Traffic and Travel Link service available in select markets. Subscriptions are governed by SiriusXM Customer Agreement; see www.siriusxm. com. Sirius U.S. Satellite Service available in the 48 contiguous United States and D.C. Sirius, XM and all related marks and logos are trademarks of Sirius XM Radio Inc.
HD Radio™ Technology
HD Radio technology, available with SYNC® with MyFord Touch and the Audio System from Sony® is the digital evolution of analog AM/FM radio and is used by AM and FM radio stations to transmit digital audio and data along with their analog signals. Digital broadcasts deliver crystal clear audio with no static or distortion and have the capability of high-quality surround sound. Best of all, HD Radio comes with no monthly subscription fee. Plus you get the convenience of iTunes®** Tagging. If you hear a song you’d like to purchase, you don’t have to remember it. Just touch a button and the information will be stored and transferred to your iPod,®** which will pass it on to iTunes® where it will be offered to you in your queue the next time you shop there.
*HD Radio is a proprietary trademark of iBiquity Digital Corp. **Apple iTunes and Apple iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. All rights reserved. Sony is a registered trademark of the Sony Corporation.
Available Climate Control
Thanks to individualized comfort settings, available dual-zone electronic automatic temperature control provides optimal comfort for you and your front-seat passenger. Available heated front seats, in either leather trim or cloth, offer five heat settings as well.
Because while it feels good to own this car, it can feel even better to sit in and drive it. The fabric, for example, is made with REPREVE® fiber, produced from 100% recycled materials. Additionally, the cushions are made of bio-based foam derived from plant seed oils. Inside and out, Focus Electric makes a big impression while trying to leave a small carbon footprint.
REPREVE is a registered trademark of Unifi, Inc.
Get Your Free Quote
All fields required