2015 Ford Taurus vs 2015 Dodge Charger
AwardsFord is committed to safety, and it shows: the 2015 Taurus has earned a coveted 5-star Overall Safety Rating from the NHTSA.1 .
LOADS OF SPACE, COMFORT AND FEATURES
The 2015 Ford Taurus is a vehicle that accommodates what you need to accomplish every day.
- Extreme space – easily fit a number of items in the cargo area and five people in comfort, without folding down the rear seats
- Luxurious interior – stay comfortable everywhere you go without paying a high price
- Driver assistance – receive alerts about threats and help avoiding potential accidents before they happen
When driving the 2015 Ford Taurus, you are treated to exhilarating acceleration and precise handling, making any trip an adventure.
- 2.0-liter EcoBoost engine – provides more torque than Dodge Charger's 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 plus better city and highway fuel economy
- Torque Vectoring Control – exclusive system that brakes the front inside wheel during cornering, drastically improving handling
- Curve Control – automatically reduces throttle and applies the brakes as needed when entering a curve, something the 2015 Dodge Charger doesn't offer
It's great to know that Ford thought of protecting you from the worst when it designed the Taurus.
- Lane-Keeping System – warns the driver when the sedan drifts out of a lane without signaling, also applies steering torque to help guide the driver in the right direction
- Ford MyKey – reminds drivers of certain safety precautions and allows owners to restrict things like the sound system volume, making it perfect for valets or younger drivers
- Roll-fold technology – side curtain airbags designed to avoid head injuries to passengers leaning against the windows, not offered in Dodge Charger
With impressive craftsmanship and high-end finishes, the inside of the 2015 Taurus is a place you'll love to be.
- Better quality materials – soft-touch surfaces are everywhere in the Taurus, skipping out on the hard plastics found in the Dodge Charger
- Multicontour front seats – adjust the seat back and bottom with air cushions, offering greater comfort than the Dodge Charger's seating
- Ambient lighting system – choose from several colors for the LED lights positioned in the door handles, foot wells and front cupholders, creating whatever mood you desire
EfficiencyIf you're trying to pinch pennies, every mile per gallon toward better fuel economy counts, including the 3 more MPGs between the 2015 Ford Taurus and the 2015 Dodge Charger in the city and the 1 more MPGs on the highway. Those humble little MPGs can add up to big savings: the average driver could save up to $XXX in fuel costs each year by choosing the Taurus.2.
UsabilityWho wouldn't want more miles between fill-ups? With a 23 miles higher estimated combined tank range, the 2015 Ford Taurus3 will keep you on the road longer than the 2015 Dodge Charger4. Whether you're chauffeuring your kids to ballet, or the Harlem Globetrotters to a game (it could happen), all of your passengers will be more comfortable with the 2015 Ford Taurus's3 combined total of 8 inches more head and leg room in the front and rear seats. . No matter what you're stowing, from groceries to gardening gear, the 2015 Ford Taurus's3 increased storage volume means you'll have more room for all your stuff, from apples to zinnias, and everything in between.
2015 Ford TaurusVS2015 Dodge Charger4375Estimated Combined Tank Range4146395Front Head Room386395Front Leg Room386375Rear Head Room366375Rear Leg Room366205Storage Volume166
is the property of Chrome Data Solutions, LP, and may not be reproduced or distributed without their consent.
1 - Learn more at http://www.safercar.gov/Safety+Ratings
2 - Assumes a per-gallon fuel cost of $3.65 and 15,000 miles driven annually
3 - 2015 Ford Taurus SE
4 - 2015 Dodge Charger SE
5 - 2015 Ford Taurus 4dr Sdn SE FWD
6 - 2015 Dodge Charger 4dr Sdn SE RWD