2015 Ford Taurus vs 2015 Chevrolet Impala
AwardsFord is committed to safety, and it shows: the 2015 Taurus has earned a coveted 5-star Overall Safety Rating from the NHTSA.1 .
A FEATURE-PACKED FLAGSHIP SEDAN
The 2015 Ford Taurus offers best-in-class fuel economy with looks as powerful as its performance.
- Luxurious interior – 2015 Ford Taurus delivers a luxury car feel without the price ticket
- Superior capability – the Taurus is available in all-wheel drive as well as front-wheel drive for extra capability
- Impressive safety – a five-star safety rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Sporty option – the 2015 Ford Taurus SHO brings sportiness to the nameplate with upgraded suspension, appearance improvements and a more powerful V-6
- Advanced technology – all models come well-equipped, with Limited and SHO trims being full of the latest safety and infotainment technology
IMPRESSIVE ARRAY OF ENGINE OPTIONS
The 2015 Ford Taurus comes with a choice of engines to suit most requirements.
- Excellent four-cylinder fuel economy – the 2.0-liter EcoBoost is 1 mpg more economical than the 2.5-liter in the 2015 Chevy Impala
- More power – the 3.5-Liter V-6 EcoBoost puts out 60 horsepower more than the Impala’s most powerful V-6
- Better standard performance – there’s an extra 68 lb.-ft of available torque in the base Taurus compared to the entry-level Impala
PRACTICAL AND CAPABLE
The 2015 Ford Taurus offers buyers plenty of choice to have the car that suits them perfectly.
- More headroom – the 2015 Ford Taurus has more headroom for rear-seat passengers than the 2015 Chevy Impala
- Bigger trunk – more than a cubic foot of extra room in the trunk of the Taurus than you’ll find in the Impala
- Torque vectoring control – improves
handling, not available with the Impala
The 2015 Ford Taurus has an impressive lineup of standard and available features.
- Aluminum wheels – the 2015 Ford Taurus comes with aluminum wheels as standard, while the entry-level 2015 Chevy Impala has steel wheels
- MyKey – provides enhanced safety by letting you limit parameters such as top speed and audio level for teen drivers, something you can’t do with the Impala
- Reversing sensors – included on the Taurus in SEL and Titanium trim levels but only the upper-trim Impala LTZ gets them standard
EfficiencyIf you're trying to pinch pennies, every single mile per gallon toward better fuel economy counts, including the one between the 2015 Ford Taurus2 and the 2015 Chevrolet Impala3.
2015 Ford TaurusVS2015 Chevrolet Impala324EPA Estimated Highway MPG315
PerformanceWant more power and higher top speeds? Consider the 2015 Ford Taurus6, boasting 60 more horses than the 2015 Chevrolet Impala7. If you're carrying considerable cargo, the 2015 Ford Taurus's6 increased torque - 3508 lb.-ft. vs. 2649 lb.-ft. - can mean the difference between easy going and a sluggish ride.
2015 Ford TaurusVS2015 Ford Taurus3658Horsepower30593508Torque2649
UsabilityWho wouldn't want more miles between fill-ups? With a 13 miles higher estimated combined tank range, the 2015 Ford Taurus2 will keep you on the road longer than the 2015 Chevrolet Impala3. No matter what you're stowing, from groceries to gardening gear, the 2015 Ford Taurus's2 increased storage volume means you'll have more room for all your stuff, from apples to zinnias, and everything in between. . Even an increase of just an inch or two in wheel base can mean more stability, and the 2015 Ford Taurus2 has 1 more of those stability-increasing inches.
2015 Ford TaurusVS2015 Chevrolet Impala4374Estimated Combined Tank Range4505204Storage Volume1851124Wheelbase1115
PricingThe 2015 Ford Taurus2 is so confident in their materials and workmanship, they'll pay for the cost of perforation repairs for 2 years longer than the 2015 Chevrolet Impala3 - quite a consideration for drivers who live in climates where corrosion is a risk.
2015 Ford TaurusVS2015 Chevrolet Impala54Corrosion Warranty35
is the property of Chrome Data Solutions, LP, and may not be reproduced or distributed without their consent.
1 - Learn more at http://www.safercar.gov/Safety+Ratings
2 - 2015 Ford Taurus SE
3 - 2015 Chevrolet Impala LS
4 - 2015 Ford Taurus 4dr Sdn SE FWD
5 - 2015 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sdn LS w/1LS
6 - 2015 Ford Taurus SHO
7 - 2015 Chevrolet Impala LT
8 - 2015 Ford Taurus 4dr Sdn SHO AWD
9 - 2015 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sdn LT w/2LT