2015 Ford Taurus vs 2014 Chrysler 300
AwardsFord is committed to safety, and it shows: the 2015 Taurus has earned a coveted 5-star Overall Safety Rating from the NHTSA.1 .
BIG CAR BUILT FOR TODAY’S MODERN SENSIBLITIES
The 2015 Ford Taurus brings back all that is beautiful in big cars to today's buyers.
- Roomy front row‒ gives those up front the space to stretch out, especially taller drivers and passengers
- Cavernous cargo room ‒ swallows groceries, luggage and most packages, with the biggest trunk in the segment
- Low starting price ‒ costs thousands less than the base Chrysler 300, while matching many of the 300's standard equipment and options
- Ford Taurus SHO ‒ brings smiles to fans wanting all the power of a sports car in a big, brawny, American sedan
ENGINES THAT GO THE MILES
The available three engines powering the Taurus give shoppers more choices than the Chrysler 300’s two offerings.
- 3.5-liter V-6 ‒ matches the 300’s base engine mile-by-mile in city or highway driving
- 2.0-liter turbo-four ‒ leaves the 300 waiting at the pump as the Taurus keeps going and going and going
- 3.5-liter turbo V-6 ‒ exceeds not only the 300’s V-6 in horsepower and torque, but in fuel economy as well
The 2015 Ford Taurus comes with the latest technological innovations expected not only in a company’s flagship vehicle, but also in luxury brands.
- Ford MyKey system ‒ exclusive to Ford, standard parental controls allow owners to set up parameters for speed, audio volume and even low gas warnings for teens driving the Taurus
- Optional massage chair ‒ creates a relaxed riding experience for the Taurus driver on those long road trips
- Automated parallel parking ‒ lets the Taurus take care of those pesky parking jobs, a feature unavailable to owners of the Chrysler 300
EXCLUSIVE HIGH-PERFORMANCE MODEL
The 2015 Ford Taurus Super High Output model, or SHO, brings back the full-size American powerhouse to a new generation of fans, leaving the Chrysler 300 in the dust.
- EcoBoost V-6 ‒ handily tops the 300’s engines, not only in power, but in also in fuel economy
- Sports-tuned suspension and brakes ‒ allows the Taurus SHO to handle curves at speeds the Chrysler 300 can't handle
- Distinctive look ‒ standard features like a trunk lid spoiler and 20-inch tires make the SHO a standout, whether on the road or parked
EfficiencyIf you're trying to pinch pennies, every mile per gallon toward better fuel economy counts, including the 3 more MPGs between the 2015 Ford Taurus2 and the 2014 Chrysler 3003 in the city and the 1 more MPGs on the highway. Those humble little MPGs can add up to big savings.
2015 Ford TaurusVS2014 Chrysler 300224EPA Estimated City MPG195324EPA Estimated Highway MPG315
UsabilityWho wouldn't want more miles between fill-ups? With a 57 miles higher estimated combined tank range, the 2015 Ford Taurus2 will keep you on the road longer than the 2014 Chrysler 3003. Whether you're chauffeuring your kids to ballet, or the Harlem Globetrotters to a game (it could happen), all of your passengers will be more comfortable with the 2015 Ford Taurus's2 combined total of 8 inches more head and leg room in the front and rear seats. . No matter what you're stowing, from groceries to gardening gear, the 2015 Ford Taurus's2 increased storage volume means you'll have more room for all your stuff, from apples to zinnias, and everything in between.
2015 Ford TaurusVS2014 Chrysler 3004946Estimated Combined Tank Range4377398Front Head Room367398Front Leg Room387378Rear Head Room377378Rear Leg Room379208Storage Volume167
PricingThe 2015 Ford Taurus2 is priced at $4,340 less than the 2014 Chrysler 3003 - that's some pretty sizable savings.
2015 Ford TaurusVS2014 Chrysler 300$27,0558MSRP$31,3957
is the property of Chrome Data Solutions, LP, and may not be reproduced or distributed without their consent.
1 - Learn more at http://www.safercar.gov/Safety+Ratings
2 - 2015 Ford Taurus SE
3 - 2014 Chrysler 300 Base
4 - 2015 Ford Taurus 4dr Sdn Limited FWD
5 - 2014 Chrysler 300 4dr Sdn Uptown Edition RWD *Ltd Avail*
6 - 2015 Ford Taurus 4dr Sdn SEL FWD
7 - 2014 Chrysler 300 4dr Sdn RWD
8 - 2015 Ford Taurus 4dr Sdn SE FWD
9 - 2014 Chrysler 300 4dr Sdn Uptown Edition AWD