2015 Ford Fusion vs 2015 Nissan Altima
AwardsFord is committed to safety, and it shows: the 2015 Fusion has earned a coveted 5-star Overall Safety Rating from the NHTSA.1
EVERYTHING YOU WANT FROM A MIDSIZE FAMILY SEDAN
The 2015 Ford Fusion combines top-notch safety, solid fuel economy, and stunning good looks, without compromising on practicality and comfort.
· Sleek styling – makes the Ford Fusion as desirable as it is practical and capable
· EcoBoost engines – deliver the fuel economy you need with the power and performance you want
· Classy interior – blends quality materials with the most advanced technology, all controlled from a center console that operates like a tablet
· Best-driving car in its class – thanks to a lightweight platform delivering a nimble, eager feel you don’t find with other mid-size sedans
· Available all-wheel drive – is now available on Fusion SE and Titanium trim levels, not available on the 2015 Nissan Altima
Few cars in its class can match the levels of standard and available technology the Fusion has to offer.
· Rear view camera – a standard feature even on the entry-level 2015 Ford Fusion, only available on higher-spec versions of the 2015 Nissan Altima
· Active park-assist – available on mid-level Fusions but not offered with the Altima
· MyKey – provides peace of mind when loaning your vehicle to a friend or turning it over to a valet, a feature not available from Nissan
· Six-speed automatic transmission – can also be had with paddle-shifters in the Fusion, while the Altima only offers a CVT
DRIVES AND RIDES AS GOOD AS IT LOOKS
The 2015 Ford Fusion combines class-leading driving dynamics with styling to match its performance.
· Torque Vectoring Control – helps the Fusion’s front wheels grip and steer better in corners than the Altima
- Rakish roofline – contributes to the overall good-looks with compromising rear-passenger headroom
- Tall rear doors – make getting in and out of the back of the Fusion easier than it is with the Altima
- Terra Cotta interior package – adds interior and exterior upgrades not available with the Altima
THREE OUTSTANDING ENGINES
The 2015 Fusion gives buyers the choice of three different engines, compared to just two offered with the 2015 Nissan Altima.
- More horsepower – the Ford Fusion’s 2.0-liter EcoBoost develops 58 horsepower more than the Nissan Altima’s 2.5-liter engine
- Extra torque – both EcoBoost engine options offer greater levels of available torque than the Altima’s four-cylinder
- Lower emissions – the 1.5-liter EcoBoost engine is available with auto stop/start for lower emissions and better fuel economy
PerformanceThe 2015 Ford Fusion's2 increased torque - 2703 lb.-ft. vs. 2514 lb.-ft. - can mean the difference between easy going and a sluggish ride.
2015 Ford Fusionvs. 2015 Nissan Altima2703Torque2514
UsabilityNo matter what you're stowing, from groceries to gardening gear, the 2015 Ford Fusion's5 increased storage volume means you'll have more room for all your stuff, from apples to zinnias, and everything in between. . The 2015 Ford Fusion's5 wider wheelbase can mean greater stability. How much more stability? A noteworthy 3 inches' worth.
2015 Ford Fusionvs.2015 Nissan Altima 166Storage Volume1571126Wheelbase1097
is the property of Chrome Data Solutions, LP, and may not be reproduced or distributed without their consent.
1 - Learn more at http://www.safercar.gov/Safety+Ratings
2 - 2015 Ford Fusion SE
3 - 2015 Ford Fusion 4dr Sdn SE FWD
4 - 2015 Nissan Altima 4dr Sdn V6 3.5 S *Ltd Avail*
5 - 2015 Ford Fusion S
6 - 2015 Ford Fusion 4dr Sdn S FWD
7 - 2015 Nissan Altima 4dr Sdn I4 2.5