2015 Ford Fusion vs 2015 Kia Optima
AwardsFord is committed to safety, and it shows: the 2015 Fusion has earned a coveted 5-star Overall Safety Rating from the NHTSA.1 .
MODERN TECHNOLOGY AND DESIGN
Get a midsize sedan that's adapted to the demands of the contemporary world.
· Sleek appearance – not only does the Ford Fusion look great, its body is aerodynamic so it runs more efficiently
· Comfortable interior – thanks to cutting-edge features, the driver and passengers are treated to a truly luxurious experience
· Responsible power – available EcoBoost engines are designed for efficiency and plenty of fun on the road
· Solid occupant protection – Ford designed the 2015 Fusion to keep people safe, even in severe accidents
Climbing behind the wheel of the 2015 Ford Fusion is a thrilling experience that makes even routine errands something to be cherished.
· 1.5-liter EcoBoost engine – benefit from more torque output than from the Kia Optima's 2.4-liter engine
· 2.0-liter EcoBoost engine – superior torque when compared to the Optima's 2.0-liter turbocharged engine
· Optional all-wheel drive – sensors on the Ford Fusion determine how much torque should go to the front and rear wheels to prevent wheel spin, a feature not even available on the Kia Optima
· Electric power-assisted steering – standard on the Focus, not on the Kia Optima, it constantly corrects for any uneven road surfaces for more predictable performance
EXCELLENT SAFETY FEATURES
Ford worked hard to load the Fusion with equipment that offers an array of protections, meaning you don't have to dwell on the worst that can happen while driving.
· Front knee airbags – the driver and front passenger in the Ford Fusion have even more cushioning in a head-on collision, a feature not available for the Kia Optima
· Curve Control – Ford takes traction control to a new level, automatically slowing the Fusion down when you enter a curve on the road too fast
· Inflatable rear safety belts – smaller passengers benefit from this optional feature that's exclusive to Ford, cutting down on the risk of injury from the sheer force of a crash
The Ford Fusion is loaded with the latest vehicle technologies car shoppers have grown to expect.
· Sync system – a Ford exclusive, it's designed to help drivers accomplish a number of tasks while driving, such as reading out loud incoming text messages, without taking their hands off the steering wheel or eyes away from the road
· Adaptive cruise control – automatically adjusts the Fusion's speed based on how fast traffic in front is moving, something not even an option on the Kia Optima
PerformanceThe 2015 Ford Fusion's increased torque - 2702 lb.-ft. vs. 2693 lb.-ft. - can mean the difference between easy going and a sluggish ride
2015 Ford Fusionvs.2015 Kia
UsabilityNo matter what you're stowing, from groceries to gardening gear, the 2015 Ford Fusion's4 increased storage volume means you'll have more room for all your stuff, from apples to zinnias, and everything in between. . Even an increase of just an inch or two in wheel base can mean more stability, and the 2015 Ford Fusion4 has 2 more of those stability-increasing inches.
2015 Ford Fusionvs.2015 Kia Optima165Storage Volume1561125Wheelbase1106
is the property of Chrome Data Solutions, LP, and may not be reproduced or distributed without their consent.
1 - Learn more at http://www.safercar.gov/Safety+Ratings
2 - 2015 Ford Fusion 4dr Sdn SE FWD
3 - 2015 Kia Optima 4dr Sdn SX Turbo
4 - 2015 Ford Fusion S
5 - 2015 Ford Fusion 4dr Sdn S FWD
6 - 2015 Kia Optima 4dr Sdn LX