2015 Ford Fusion vs 2015 Chevrolet Malibu
AwardsFord is committed to safety, and it shows: the 2015 Fusion has earned a coveted 5-star Overall Safety Rating from the NHTSA.1
A SPACIOUS AND COMFORTABLE, FULL-FEATURED SEDAN
The 2015 Ford Fusion is a stunning-looking midsize sedan that doesn’t compromise on practicality.
· Attractive design – the striking exterior styling of the 2015 Ford Fusion is matched by its equally eye-catching interior
· Excellent handling – the Fusion follows in the footsteps of models like the Focus and Fiesta in offering a fun and engaging driving experience
· Outstanding value – competitive pricing and so many standard features make the Fusion a great choice for families
· Comprehensive set of safety features – the 2015 Ford Fusion offers a wide range of active and passive safety features
· Spacious interior – comfortable seating for five and a large trunk makes the Fusion as practical as it is fun to drive
AS STYLISH INSIDE AS IT IS OUTSIDE
The 2015 Ford Fusion is a stunning-looking midsize sedan that doesn’t disappoint when you climb inside.
· Terra Cotta interior package – an interior upgrade option now available on 2015 Ford Fusion SE and Titanium models that you can’t get on the 2015 Chevrolet Malibu
· More color choices – the Ford Fusion offers buyers one more exterior color option and two more interior choices than the Malibu
· Versatile driver’s seat – base Fusion S models have a driver’s seat four more adjustment options than the entry-level Malibu
The 2015 Ford Fusion offers a wide range of different engines.
· Choice of three engines – choose from three different gasoline engines in the 2015 Ford Fusion, compared to only two offered in the 2015 Chevy Malibu
· More power – enjoy 44 horsepower more from the 2.0-liter EcoBoost than you’ll get from the Malibu’s 2.5-liter four-cylinder
Lots of torque – tow more easily with an extra 79 lb.-ft.
of torque from the Ford’s 2.0-liter compared to the Malibu’s 2.5
HUGE ARRAY OF STANDARD AND AVAILABLE EQUIPMENT
The 2015 Ford Fusion is well-equipped as standard with an impressive list of available options as well.
· Remote start – an available option on entry-level S model 2015 Ford Fusions, but only available on higher trim levels of 2015 Chevy Malibu
· Rearview camera – a standard feature with all Fusion models but only comes as part of an optional package in the Malibu
· Torque vectoring control – delivers better handling and comes as standard all Ford Fusions but isn’t offered with the Chevrolet Malibu
UsabilityThe 2015 Ford Fusion's2 wider wheelbase can mean greater stability. How much more stability? A noteworthy 5 inches' worth.
2015 Ford Fusionvs.2015 Chevrolet Malibu1123Wheelbase1074
PricingThe 2015 Ford Fusion2 is so confident in their materials and workmanship, they'll pay for the cost of perforation repairs for 2 years longer than the 2015 Chevrolet Malibu5 - quite a consideration for drivers who live in climates where corrosion is a risk. The 2015 Ford Fusion's2 MSRP is slightly less than the 2015 Chevrolet Malibu5 - about $35 less - but to a budget-conscious buyer, every penny counts.
2015 Ford Fusionvs2015 Chevrolet Malibu53 YearsCorrosion Warranty34 Years$22,5003MSRP$22,4654
is the property of Chrome Data Solutions, LP, and may not be reproduced or distributed without their consent.
1 - Learn more at http://www.safercar.gov/Safety+Ratings
2 - 2015 Ford Fusion S
3 - 2015 Ford Fusion 4dr Sdn S FWD
4 - 2015 Chevrolet Malibu 4dr Sdn LS w/1LS
5 - 2015 Chevrolet Malibu LS