2015 Ford Fusion Energi vs 2015 Toyota Prius Plug-In
AwardsFord is committed to safety, and it shows: the 2015 Fusion Energi has earned a coveted 5-star Overall Safety Rating from the NHTSA.1 .
EFFICIENCY AND GOOD LOOKS
A vehicle that makes wise use of gasoline can be incredibly good-looking.
· Plug-in hybrid powertrain – consumes less gas without sacrificing power
· Sleek body – looks great and is aerodynamic, helps to cut down on fuel costs
· Stylish wheels – large size with sparkling silver paint turns heads wherever you go
· High-end cabin – premium finishes and excellent insulation make trips of any length a pleasant experience
With the 2015 Ford Fusion Energi you can enjoy exhilarating performance while still sipping fuel.
· 2.0-liter Atkinson Cycle hybrid engine – enjoy more horsepower than with the Toyota Prius Plug-In
· Electric motor – Ford uses a permanent magnet AC synchronous motor that produces more kilowatts than Toyota's
· Independent multilink rear suspension – helps curb body roll and tighten handling better than the Toyota Prius Plug-in
· Active nibble control – a Ford exclusive, it eliminates rotational vibrations in the Fusion Energi's steering wheel for a comfortable feel
Ford includes modern conveniences that make driving so much more enjoyable.
· Active park assist – scans for potential parking spots and indicates which are large enough for the Fusion Energi
· Lane-keeping system – Ford's unique technology warns the driver when the Fusion Energi drifts out of a lane, plus assists steering the car safely back
· Sync with MyFord Touch – perform a number of useful functions with your voice using the system that's available on the Ford Fusion Energi, not the Toyota Prius Plug-in
· Inflatable rear outboard seat belts – optional safety feature that's exclusive to Ford protects smaller passengers from getting injured during a crash
· Automatic high-beam headlights – takes the hassle out of switching back-and-forth in remote areas, maximizing the driver's visibility
The 2015 Fusion Energi doesn't skimp when it comes to your personal comfort.
· Leather upholstery – enjoy greater comfort and durability than the upholstery options for the Toyota Prius Plug-in
· Front seat heaters – occupants warm up faster during the winter versus using just the heater included on the Prius Plug-in
PerformanceStopping power is important, too, especially when you're carrying a heavy load. The clear winner in this category is the 2015 Ford Fusion Energi2, with 14 more horses in braking power per ton than 2015 Toyota Prius Plug-In3, giving you confidence on even the steepest of grades. Want more power and higher top speeds? Consider the 2015 Ford Fusion Energi2, boasting 54 more horses and 12 more horses per ton than the 2015 Toyota Prius Plug-In3. If you're carrying considerable cargo, the 2015 Ford Fusion Energi's2 increased torque - 1294 lb.-ft. vs. 1055 lb.-ft. - can mean the difference between easy going and a sluggish ride.
2015 Ford Fusion EnergiVS2015 Toyota Prius Plug-In1124Braking Power Per Ton9851884Horsepower1345964Horsepower Per Ton8451294Torque1055
Who wouldn't want more miles between fill-ups? With a 32 miles higher estimated combined tank range, the 2015 Ford Fusion Energi2 will keep you on the road longer than the 2015 Toyota Prius Plug-In3. Tired of hunching over the steering wheel, or scooting the driver's seat all the way back? No worries. The 2015 Ford Fusion Energi2 offers 2 more inches of combined front head and leg room than the 2015 Toyota Prius Plug-In3, making the awkward hunch-back driving pose a thing of the past. . The 2015 Ford Fusion Energi's2 wider wheelbase can mean greater stability. How much more stability? A noteworthy 6 inches' worth.
2015 Ford Fusion EnergiVS2015 Toyota Prius Plug-In5324Estimated Combined Tank Range5006394Front Head Room386394Front Leg Room3861124Wheelbase1066
PricingIn the very unlikely event you'll need it, help is just a phone call away, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, with the 2015 Ford Fusion Energi's2 Roadside Assistance, standard for 2 years longer than 2015 Toyota Prius Plug-In3.
2015 Ford Fusion EnergiVS2015 Toyota Prius Plug-In54Roadside Assistance35
is the property of Chrome Data Solutions, LP, and may not be reproduced or distributed without their consent.
1 - Learn more at http://www.safercar.gov/Safety+Ratings
2 - 2015 Ford Fusion Energi SE Luxury
3 - 2015 Toyota Prius Plug-In Base
4 - 2015 Ford Fusion Energi 4dr Sdn SE Luxury
5 - 2015 Toyota Prius Plug-In 5dr HB (SE)
6 - 2015 Toyota Prius Plug-In 5dr HB (GS)