2015 Ford Fusion Energi vs 2015 Nissan LEAF
AwardsFord is committed to safety, and it shows: the 2015 Fusion Energi has earned a coveted 5-star Overall Safety Rating from the NHTSA.1 .
MIDSIZE SEDAN SURPRISES WITH PLUG-IN POWERTRAIN
The 2015 Ford Fusion Energi is a family-sized vehicle for families that want the benefits of all-electric driving, like those provided by the Nissan Leaf, but also demand the more practical ownership experience of a plug-in hybrid, which can run on electricity or gasoline.
- Range to roam – comes standard in the Fusion Energi, which refuels in minutes at any gas station and can go more than 650 percent further without stopping than the smaller Nissan product
- Power to spare – enables a 75 percent horsepower advantage over the Nissan Leaf
- Standard Eco-Select – puts owners in control, so they can choose when to use EV power, gas power or a blend of both
- Blue Oval battery benefits – include a standard charging time that is half the fastest rate realized by the Leaf, supplying a double-digit Ford EV driving range
A SHOCKING DIFFERENCE IN STANDARD CONTENT
With an 11 percent edge in terms of interior volume, the Fusion Energi also makes the most of its larger cabin by filling it with standard equipment not found on the Nissan Leaf.
- Sync with MyFord Touch – backed by a bigger screen than the biggest offered by the Nissan, voice recognition, dual USB ports and Sirius XM Satellite Radio
- Superior seats – serve up heated, power-adjustable driver’s and front-passenger seats, in leather, while the entry Leaf is limited to much less manual adjustability
- Ford-only MyKey – made for owners with younger drivers, to help limit distractions by limiting audio volume and top speed, while further adding seat-belt and low-fuel alerts
TITANIUM EDITION FOR UNBEATABLE LUXURY
The top-of-the-range Titanium model coddles customers with the kind of comforts that are lacking in the Leaf, and missing from many traditional mid-size sedans as well.
- Superior seating – thanks to a three-setting memory function for the driver’s seat, further adjustability for the front-seat passenger and available front-row cooling
- Standard audio by Sony – providing more power and speakers than the Leaf’s up-scale sound system, highlighted by the latest Dolby surround-sound and DSP technologies
- Custom coloration exclusives – with ambient LED lighting that can be customized in seven shades for the Fusion Energi cockpit and three premium available finishes for the exterior
FORD’S FIVE-STAR SAFETY STORY
According to NHTSA, the Ford Fusion Energi earned a 5-star Overall Safety Rating for the 2015 model year; that’s not so for the Nissan Leaf.
· Adaptive cruise control – isn’t on the Leaf’s list of available driver-assistance measures, but helps maintain a safe following distance, with assistance from a brake-support system
· Reverse sensing – keeps owners from backing too close to objects behind the plug-in Fusion, but isn’t part of the package with the Nissan
· Active Park Assist – provides a prominent parallel-parking advantage over the Leaf, since it handles all the hard work for drivers
PerformanceWant more power and higher top speeds? Consider the 2015 Ford Fusion Energi2, boasting 81 more horses and 30 more horses per ton than the 2015 Nissan LEAF3.
2015 Ford Fusion EnergiVS2015 Nissan LEAF1884Horsepower1075964Horsepower Per Ton665
UsabilityThe 2015 Ford Fusion Energi's2 wider wheelbase can mean greater stability. How much more stability? A noteworthy 6 inches' worth.
2015 Ford Fusion EnergiVS2015 Nissan LEAF1124Wheelbase1065
PricingIn the very unlikely event you'll need it, help is just a phone call away, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, with the 2015 Ford Fusion Energi's2 Roadside Assistance, standard for 2 years longer than 2015 Nissan LEAF3.
2015 Ford Fusion EnergiVS2015 Nissan LEAF54Roadside Assistance35
is the property of Chrome Data Solutions, LP, and may not be reproduced or distributed without their consent.
1 - Learn more at http://www.safercar.gov/Safety+Ratings
2 - 2015 Ford Fusion Energi SE Luxury
3 - 2015 Nissan LEAF S
4 - 2015 Ford Fusion Energi 4dr Sdn SE Luxury
5 - 2015 Nissan LEAF 4dr HB S