2015 Ford Focus vs 2015 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan
AwardsFord is committed to safety, and it shows: the 2015 Focus has been named an IIHS Top Safety Pick and it earned a coveted 5-star Overall Safety Rating from the NHTSA.1 .
COMPACT CAR SPORTS PLENTIFUL FEATURES AT LOW PRICE TAG
The 2015 Ford Focus packs value, with more standard equipment in each model and trim level than the Volkswagen Jetta.
- Lower prices ‒ than comparable VW Jettas, especially for high-tech items
- Engines that pack a punch ‒ beats Jetta’s similar powerplants
- Exclusive offerings ‒ availability of hatchback body style, not offered on the Jetta
ENGINES THAT OUTPOWER RIVALS
Most 2015 Ford Focus engines beat the Volkswagen Jetta’s best in power, acceleration and fuel economy.
- 2.0-liter four-cylinder ‒ delivers out more power than the VW Jetta’s base 2.0-liter engine
- 2.0-liter inline-four ‒ gets better fuel economy than all three Jetta gas engines which means less stops at the gas station
- 2.0-liter turbo-4 ‒ churns out more horsepower and torque than the sporty Jetta GLI, leaving the latter to rapidly fall behind in the Focus’ rearview mirror
The available Ford Focus hatchback body style makes it easy to haul cargo that the Volkswagen Jetta sedan simply can’t handle.
- Roomy rear ‒ makes it easy to haul taller items with ease
- Double cargo space ‒ can be had in the Ford Focus hatch by simply folding down the rear row seats
- Same great features ‒ found standard in the Focus sedan are available in hatchback trim levels
Each trim of the 2015 Ford Focus offers great bang-for-the-buck value, coming with more features and equipment at lower prices than comparable Jettas.
- Great savings ‒ are in the thousands of dollars versus their Jetta counterparts
- Rearview camera ‒ comes standard on all Focus models while you pay extra to get on the Jetta
- Standard MyKey ‒ assists parents with their teen to drive safely and is unavailable on the Jetta
PerformanceStopping power is important, too, especially when you're carrying a heavy load. The clear winner in this category is the 2015 Ford Focus2, with 4 more horses in braking power per ton than 2015 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan3, giving you confidence on even the steepest of grades. Want more power and higher top speeds? Consider the 2015 Ford Focus2, boasting 42 more horses and 23 more horses per ton than the 2015 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan3. If you're carrying considerable cargo, the 2015 Ford Focus's2 increased torque - 2704 lb.-ft. vs. 2365 lb.-ft. - can mean the difference between easy going and a sluggish ride.
2015 Ford FocusVS2015 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan1554Braking Power Per Ton15162524Horsepower21061564Horsepower Per Ton13362704Torque2365
UsabilityHatchbacks are sporty, convenient and fun - and the 2015 Ford Focus is available as a hatchback, but the Jetta Sedan isn't. Coincidence? Not at all. . Whether you're chauffeuring your kids to ballet, or the Harlem Globetrotters to a game (it could happen), all of your passengers will be more comfortable with the 2015 Ford Focus's2 combined total of 4 inches more head and leg room in the front and rear seats.
2015 Ford FocusVS2015 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan394Front Head Room387394Front Leg Room387388Rear Head Room377388Rear Leg Room377
PricingThe 2015 Ford Focus9 is so confident in their materials and workmanship, they'll pay for the cost of perforation repairs for 3 years longer than the 2015 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan10 - quite a consideration for drivers who live in climates where corrosion is a risk. In the very unlikely event you'll need it, help is just a phone call away, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, with the 2015 Ford Focus's9 Roadside Assistance, standard for 2 years longer than 2015 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan10.
2015 Ford FocusVS2015 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan58Corrosion Warranty2758Roadside Assistance37
is the property of Chrome Data Solutions, LP, and may not be reproduced or distributed without their consent.
1 - Learn more at http://www.safercar.gov/Safety+Ratings and http://www.iihs.org/iihs/ratings
2 - 2015 Ford Focus ST
3 - 2015 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.0T GLI SE
4 - 2015 Ford Focus 5dr HB ST
5 - 2015 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 4dr Man 2.0L TDI S
6 - 2015 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 4dr Man 2.0T GLI SE
7 - 2015 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 4dr Man 2.0L Base
8 - 2015 Ford Focus 4dr Sdn S
9 - 2015 Ford Focus S
10 - 2015 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.0L Base