2015 Ford Focus vs 2015 Kia Forte
AwardsFord is committed to safety, and it shows: the 2015 Focus has been named an IIHS Top Safety Pick and it earned a coveted 5-star Overall Safety Rating from the NHTSA.1
CURRENT FORD COMPACT FOCUSES ON CUSTOMER SATISFACTION
The 2015 Ford Focus is available in both sedan and hatchback body styles to satisfy a wider range of customers, who also enjoy exclusives not offered by the 2015 Kia Forte.
- Ford-only super models – include the high-performance ST and the high-class Focus Titanium
- Fresh Ford technologies – are highlighted by the latest Sync with MyFord Touch, now leveraging AppLink for smartphone integration but not available for the Forte
- Funky Ford graphics packages – available solely through Ford Custom Graphics and showcasing an assortment of stars, stripes and other designs
- Ford’s audio advantage – is delivered by a 390-watt Sony sound system with four extra speakers, as compared to the 2015 Kia Forte
BIG POWERTRAIN BENEFITS FOR THE COMPACT CLASS
The Forte may as well forfeit when it comes to comparing powertrains, since the 2015 Ford Focus can be fitted with four different propulsion systems for more power and better EPA ratings.
- The base engine bonus – begins with an extra 15 horsepower for the Focus, which still matches the entry-level Kia Forte for combined fuel economy
- Wonderful 1.0-liter EcoBoost – provides peak efficiency grades in the Focus and an additional 4 mpg/3 mpg/4 mpg over the top Forte ratings
- 2.0-liter EcoBoost high-performer – pours out an additional 51 horsepower and 75 lb.-ft. of torque versus the fastest Forte, yet the Ford also realizes 8.3 percent better combined fuel efficiency
OUTSTANDING OCCUPANT PROTECTION
The Ford Focus keeps a competitive edge over its Kia rival in the safety department, too, by leveraging exclusive content like the following.
- Plenty of high-tech help – allows Focus drivers to enjoy the confidence of a blind-spot monitor, rear cross-traffic alert, a lane-keeping system, a reverse-sensing setup and an active-park feature, none of which are found on the Forte
- MyKey for younger drivers – lets Focus owners keep tabs on vehicle speed and location, while also limiting some functions, like audio volume
- Top third-party ratings – also distinguish the Focus from the Forte, as the former has earned a Top Safety Pick recognition from the IIHS, but the latter has not
The 2015 Ford Focus extends its reach with dedicated models designed specifically for hard-to-please owners.
- Ford Focus hatchback – undercuts the Kia hatch right from the start, with a starting MSRP some $730 below that of the Forte5 entry model
- Ford Focus ST – outperforms the sportiest Forte by boasting superior power numbers, dynamic suspension tuning, a racing-style steering wheel and style to match
- Ford Focus Titanium – layering on the standard
luxuries with ambient interior lighting, leather-trimmed and heated front
bucket seats, navigation, and LED exterior lighting
EfficiencyIf you're trying to pinch pennies, every single mile per gallon toward better fuel economy counts, including the one between the 2015 Ford Focus and the 2015 Kia Forte.
PerformanceStopping power is important, too, especially when you're carrying a heavy load. The clear winner in this category is the 2015 Ford Focus2, with 19 more horses in braking power per ton than 2015 Kia Forte3, giving you confidence on even the steepest of grades. Want more power and higher top speeds? Consider the 2015 Ford Focus2, boasting 79 more horses and 34 more horses per ton than the 2015 Kia Forte4. If you're carrying considerable cargo, the 2015 Ford Focus's2 increased torque - 2705 lb.-ft. vs. 1546 lb.-ft. - can mean the difference between easy going and a sluggish ride.
2015 Ford FocusVS2015 Kia Forte1555Braking Power per Ton13672525Horsepower17361565Horsepower per Ton12262705Torque1546
UsabilityHatchbacks are sporty, convenient and fun - and the 2015 Ford Focus is available as a hatchback, but the Forte isn't. Coincidence? Not at all. Offering 2 more inches in combined rear head and rear leg room than the 2015 Kia Forte3, the 2015 Ford Focus8 is roomy enough for even the tallest of your passengers to travel in comfort. Bye-bye cramped "airplane-legs," hello rear passenger comfort.
2015 Ford FocusVS2015 Kia Forte389Rear Head Room377389Rear Leg Room377
is the property of Chrome Data Solutions, LP, and may not be reproduced or distributed without their consent.
1 - Learn more at http://www.safercar.gov/Safety+Ratings and http://www.iihs.org/iihs/ratings
2 - 2015 FORD FOCUS ST
3 - 2015 KIA FORTE LX
4 - 2015 KIA FORTE EX
5 - 2015 Ford Focus 5dr HB ST
6 - 2015 Kia Forte 4dr Sdn Auto EX
7 - 2015 Kia Forte 4dr Sdn Man LX
8 - 2015 FORD FOCUS S
9 - 2015 Ford Focus 4dr Sdn S