2015 Ford Focus vs 2015 Honda Civic Sedan
AwardsFord is committed to safety, and it shows: the 2015 Focus has been named an IIHS Top Safety Pick and it earned a coveted 5-star Overall Safety Rating from the NHTSA.1
INNOVATIVE, SPORTY, STYLISH AND PRACTICAL
The 2015 Ford Focus lineup has a model to suit almost everyone.
· Sporty styling – even base models of the 2015 Ford Focus boast a sporty look that’s easy on the eye
· Impressive performance – ST models are as fast and responsive as they look
· EcoBoost engines – award-winning 3-cylinder 1.0-liter EcoBoost engine now available
· Advanced technology – 2015 Focus has advanced features like Active Park Assist, usually only found on more expensive vehicles
· Standard features – upscale features like rearview camera now standard across the range
PERFORMANCE AND ECONOMY
You don’t have to give up on fuel economy to have a 2015 Ford Focus that goes as good as it looks.
· More power – the standard engine in the 2015 Ford Focus puts out 17 horsepower more than the equivalent 2015 Honda Civic
· Greater fuel-economy – the three-cylinder EcoBoost gives at least 3 mpg more fuel-economy than any Civic under city driving conditions
· High performance – Focus ST models have a top speed 20 mph higher than the Civic Si and are faster from 0-60 mph
Even at entry-levels, the 2015 Ford Focus delivers an impressive level of standard and available features.
· MyKey – all 2015 Ford Focus models come equipped with MyKey to program individual keys with personalized settings, a feature not available on the 2015 Honda Civic
· USB connectivity – two standard USB ports throughout the range, while entry-level Civics only have one
· Larger display – the infotainment display in the Focus is an inch larger than the one in the Civic, making reading and operating easier
PLENTY OF CHOICE FOR BUYERS
The 2015 Ford Focus comes in a wide range of trim, engine and transmission combinations.
· Engine choices – the 2015 Ford Focus gives you an extra gas engine option compared to the 2015 Honda Civic
· Transmission options – the Focus offers a choice of manual transmissions, while the Civic only offers a single five-speed manual
PerformanceStopping power is important, too, especially when you're carrying a heavy load. The clear winner in this category is the 2015 Ford Focus2, with 9 more horses in braking power per ton than 2015 Honda Civic Sedan3, giving you confidence on even the steepest of grades. Want more power and higher top speeds? Consider the 2015 Ford Focus2, boasting 47 more horses and 19 more horses per ton than the 2015 Honda Civic Sedan3. If you're carrying considerable cargo, the 2015 Ford Focus's2 increased torque - 2704 lb.-ft. vs. 1745 lb.-ft. - can mean the difference between easy going and a sluggish ride.
2015 Ford FocusVS2015 Honda Civic Sedan1554Braking Power Per Ton14652524Horsepower20551564Horsepower Per Ton13752704Torque1745
UsabilityHatchbacks are sporty, convenient and fun - and the 2015 Ford Focus6 is available as a hatchback, but the Civic Sedan isn't. Coincidence? Not at all. . Offering 2 more inches in combined rear head and rear leg room than the 2015 Honda Civic Sedan7, the 2015 Ford Focus6 is roomy enough for even the tallest of your passengers to travel in comfort. Bye-bye cramped "airplane-legs," hello rear passenger comfort. . No matter what you're stowing, from groceries to gardening gear, the 2015 Ford Focus's6 increased storage volume means you'll have more room for all your stuff, from apples to zinnias, and everything in between.
2015 Ford FocusVS2015 Honda Civic Sedan388Rear Head Room379388Rear Leg Room379138Storage Volume129
With an MSRP of $1,320 less than the 2015 Honda Civic Sedan7, the 2015 Ford Focus6 provides the budget-conscious buyer enough cost savings to fill the 2015 Ford Focus's6 gas tank 21 times, with a little money left over for road-trip snacks.10.
2015 Ford FocusVS2015 Honda Civic Sedan$17,1708MSRP$18,4909
is the property of Chrome Data Solutions, LP, and may not be reproduced or distributed without their consent.
1 - Learn more at http://www.safercar.gov/Safety+Ratings and http://www.iihs.org/iihs/ratings
2 - 2015 Ford Focus ST
3 - 2015 Honda Civic Sedan Si
4 - 2015 Ford Focus 5dr HB ST
5 - 2015 Honda Civic Sedan 4dr Man Si
6 - 2015 Ford Focus S
7 - 2015 Honda Civic Sedan LX
8 - 2015 Ford Focus 4dr Sdn S
9 - 2015 Honda Civic Sedan 4dr Man LX
10 - Based on the price of $52.50 to fill the gas tank.