2015 Ford F-150 vs 2015 Ram 1500
AwardsThe powerful, purpose-built Ford F-150 has topped too many "best of" lists to mention in this small space, but there's one coveted award that needs some attention: the Ford F-150 was named the 2015 North American Truck of the Year, wowing a jury of more than 50 experts with its handling, hauling, and more.Learn more 1
BRAND-NEW PICKUP PACKS MORE POWER, TECHNOLOGY
Relying on military-grade aluminum for significant weight savings, the 2015 Ford F-150 works smarter to work tougher, too.
- EcoBoost engines – combine impressive fuel-economy ratings with best-in-class, Ram-busting capability
- Cutting-edge technologies – provide many of the same sophisticated features found on today’s latest cars (but not found on the Ram 1500)
- Premium packages – can transform the F-150 into one of the most luxurious rides in the segment
- High-strength aluminum-alloy body – reduces standard curb weight more than 500 pounds below that of the Ram 1500, while maintaining proven durability
FOUR FORD ENGINES ON TAP
The 2015 Ford F-150 offers more engine choices than the 2015 Ram 1500, to better meet customer preferences.
- Standard 3.7-liter V-6 – serves up higher towing and payload ratings than the base Ram engine
- New 2.7-liter EcoBoost V-6 – offers the segment’s highest gas-engine fuel efficiency with even higher towing/payload marks that, in some setups, best the Ram’s HEMI V-8
- Available 5.0-liter V-8 – enhanced for the 2015 model year to deliver improved output and fuel economy while out-hauling even the highest-rated Ram HEMI
- Award-winning 3.5-liter EcoBoost V-6 – revved up for range-topping, industry-leading performance and surprisingly competitive EPA grades
The 2015 Ford F-150 now follows the latest SAE testing standards to show exactly where it out-rates its Ram rival.
- Tops in total towing – with the 3.5-liter EcoBoost V-6 providing an 1,830-pound advantage over the most capable Ram V-8
- No. 1 in V-8 towing – backed by an extra 730pounds of capability over its Ram counterpart
- Powerful payload ratings – highlighted by a 74 percent higher payload maximum
- Plenty of advanced towing tools – including available features like Dynamic Hitch Assist and a Smart Trailer Tow Connector, both missing from the Ram
- High-function pickup bed – boasts available exclusives like stowable loading ramps, box-side and tailgate steps, and a remote tailgate release
A REFINED OWNERSHIP EXPERIENCE
The 2015 Ford F-150 complements all that capability with car-like amenities not found on the 2015 Ram 1500.
- Sync with MyFord Touch – for voice (and touch) control of key vehicle systems
- A 360-degree camera system – enables better visibility than the Ram for both on- and off-road scenarios, and features a split-screen display
- Modern-day driver-assistance measures – raising the bar, as compared to the Ram, with a Blind Spot Information System, Lane-Keeping System and Collision Warning with Brake Support
- Ultra-lux King Ranch and Platinum models – showcase premium materials and exclusive appointments
UsabilityNo matter what you're stowing, from groceries to gardening gear, the 2015 Ford F-150's2 increased storage volume means you'll have more room for all your stuff, from apples to zinnias, and everything in between. Even an increase of just an inch or two in wheel base can mean more stability, and the 2015 Ford F-1503 has 2 more of those stability-increasing inches.
2015 Ford F-150 vs.2015 Ram 1500774Storage Volume7451226Wheelbase1207
PricingThe difference in MSRP between the 2015 Ford F-1503 and the 2015 Ram 15008 may seem significant, until you consider what you're missing when you opt to save that $370: loads of standard features, some for safety and some just for fun. Suddenly, that $370 doesn't seem like much of a "savings" at all, does it?
2015 Ford F-150VS2015 Ram 1500$26,0306MSRP$25,6607
is the property of Chrome Data Solutions, LP, and may not be reproduced or distributed without their consent.
1 - https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2015/01/12/f-150-na-toty.html
2 - 2015 Ford F-150 XL w/HD Payload Pkg
3 - 2015 Ford F-150 XL
4 - 2015 Ford F-150 2WD Reg Cab 141
5 - 2015 Ram 1500 2WD Reg Cab 140.5
6 - 2015 Ford F-150 2WD Reg Cab 122.5
7 - 2015 Ram 1500 2WD Reg Cab 120.5
8 - 2015 Ram 1500 Express