2015 Ford Explorer vs 2015 Kia Sorento
AwardsFord is committed to safety, and it shows: the 2015 Explorer has earned a coveted 5-star Overall Safety Rating from the NHTSA.1 .
MUCH MORE THAN A HISTORIC NAME
The 2015 Ford Explorer is a spacious and practical crossover with enough room for the entire family.
· Sporty exterior styling – the Ford Escape gains a new sport appearance package for the XLT trim
· Highly practical – seats up to seven people
· Engine choices – choose from 3.5-liter Ti-VCT V-6 and 3.5-Liter EcoBoost V-6 engines
· Comfortable ride – delivers improved on-road ride and handling
· Feature-packed – equipped with all the latest technology
IMPRESSIVE LIST OF STANDARD AND AVAILABLE EQUIPMENT
The 2015 Ford Explorer has higher levels of standard and available technology than you might expect.
· MyFord Touch – Ford's exclusive advanced infotainment control utilizes LCD touchscreens, voice commands and steering-wheel controls
· Climate control – rear climate control is standard throughout the 2015 Ford Explorer lineup, but not available on the entry-level Kia Sorento
· MyKey – a feature not available on the Sorento that allows owners to limit the Explorer's top speed and audio system volume for teen drivers
ALL THE ROOM YOU NEED
More room for passengers and cargo than many larger vehicles.
· Greater headroom – the 2015 Ford Explorer has greater headroom throughout than the 2015 Kia Sorento
· More legroom – the rear of the Explorer provides more legroom than the Sorento
· Extra cargo space – the 2015 Explorer gives an extra 10 percent more cargo space than the 2015 Sorento
IMPROVED RIDE DOESN’T COMPRMISE CAPABILITY
The 2015 Ford Explorer is much more comfortable and roadworthy than ever, but it doesn’t mean less capability.
· More towing capacity – the 2015 Ford Explorer lets you tow 350 pounds more than the 2015 Kia Sorento LX
· More power – the Explorer’s 3.5-liter EcoBoost engine delivers 60 horsepower more than the most powerful engine offered in the Sorento
· More torque – even base engines in the 2015 Explorer have more torque than the most powerful units in the 2015 Sorento
EfficiencyIf you're trying to pinch pennies, every single mile per gallon toward better fuel economy counts, including the one between the 2015 Ford Explorer2 and the 2015 Kia Sorento3.
2015 Ford ExplorerVS2015 Kia Sorento284EPA Estimated Highway MPG275
Selected Edmunds.com visitor vehicle reviews:
“We just purchased a 2015 Explorer Sport.
Surprised at the power and the launch speed.
Even more surprised at the vehicles agility.
The sport version drives like our Accord Coupe V6 but has a great amount of room.
Ford has upgraded the leather they use (YEAH!) and the in-dash buttons look fantastic and are easy to use.
My wife is thrilled with the purchase (her car) and keeps saying how nice it is to have an SUV again.”
dngrwill - 8/18/2014 9:23 AM
PerformanceWant more power and higher top speeds? Consider the 2015 Ford Explorer6, boasting 75 more horses than the 2015 Kia Sorento3. If you're carrying considerable cargo, the 2015 Ford Explorer's6 increased torque - 3507 lb.-ft. vs. 2528 lb.-ft. - can mean the difference between easy going and a sluggish ride.
2015 Ford ExplorerVS2015 Kia Sorento3657Horsepower29083507Torque2528
UsabilityWho wouldn't want more miles between fill-ups? With a 23 miles higher estimated combined tank range, the 2015 Ford Explorer2 will keep you on the road longer than the 2015 Kia Sorento3. No more scuffing the bottom of your car in steep driveways - the 2015 Ford Explorer2 has more than enough ground clearance - 1 inch more than the 2015 Kia Sorento3 - to make it in and out without the dreaded scrape. . Whether you're chauffeuring your kids to ballet, or the Harlem Globetrotters to a game (it could happen), all of your passengers will be more comfortable with the 2015 Ford Explorer's2 combined total of 6 inches more head and leg room in the front and rear seats. . The 2015 Ford Explorer's2 1500-lb. increase in towing capacity over the 2015 Kia Sorento3 means you'll be able to tow just about anything, for the job site or for a weekend fishing trip. The 2015 Ford Explorer's2 wider wheelbase can mean greater stability. How much more stability? A noteworthy 6 inches' worth.
2015 Ford ExplorerVS2015 Kia Sorento4149Estimated Combined Tank Range3915810Ground Clearance754111Front Head Room3954111Front Leg Room3954011Rear Head Room3954011Rear Leg Room3955,00010Towing Capacity3,500811211Wheelbase1065
is the property of Chrome Data Solutions, LP, and may not be reproduced or distributed without their consent.
1 - Learn more at http://www.safercar.gov/Safety+Ratings
2 - 2015 Ford Explorer Base
3 - 2015 Kia Sorento LX
4 - 2015 Ford Explorer FWD 4dr XLT
5 - 2015 Kia Sorento 2WD 4dr I4 LX
6 - 2015 Ford Explorer Sport
7 - 2015 Ford Explorer 4WD 4dr Sport
8 - 2015 Kia Sorento 2WD 4dr V6 LX
9 - 2015 Ford Explorer FWD 4dr Limited
10 - 2015 Ford Explorer 4WD 4dr Base
11 - 2015 Ford Explorer FWD 4dr Base