2015 Ford Explorer vs 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee
AwardsFord is committed to safety, and it shows: the 2015 Explorer has earned a coveted 5-star Overall Safety Rating from the NHTSA.1 .
HIGH LUXURY AND PRACTICAL UTILITY
The Ford Explorer is designed to overcome some seriously tough terrain while spoiling you with loads of modern conveniences.
· Strong V-6 engine – provides more performance ability than the Jeep Grand Cherokee's V-6
· Excellent road manners – enjoy a more comfortable ride on city streets and freeways than with the Jeep Grand Cherokee
· Cutting-edge safety features – the latest technologies keep you safe, both on the road and trail
· Large interior – comfortably take seven people and all their things along for any kind of adventure
RAW POWER AND RUGGED ABILITY
Thanks to a variety of engine choices, Ford Explorer shoppers can find the powertrain that meets their specific set of needs and wants.
· 3.5-liter EcoBoost V-6 engine – outperforms the Grand Cherokee's 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 by far on both horsepower and torque
· 2.0-liter EcoBoost I4 engine – better EPA-estimated city fuel economy helps save you money
· MacPherson strut front and multi-link independent rear suspension – tough enough to take on serious trails while still being highly responsive on pavement
· Available intelligent four-wheel drive – constantly monitors conditions and what the driver needs, sending the right amount of torque to the wheels
EXCELLENT PROTECTION FOR A VARIEY OF CONDITIONS
Ford uses some cutting-edge technologies to keep everyone who rides in the 2015 Explorer safe, no matter what's thrown in the way.
· AdvanceTrac with Roll Stability Control – a standard feature on the Explorer but not available on the Grand Cherokee, it measures the SUV's yaw and roll rate to prevent accidents
· Curve Control – applies the brakes and even cuts power to the wheels if it senses that the vehicle is in danger of losing control while traveling around a curve
· Rain-sensing wipers – automatically swipes the windshield when moisture is detected, allowing the driver to concentrate on the road or trail
· Inflatable second-row seat belts – an exclusive Ford technology, smaller outboard occupants risk less injury from the belt pressing against their torso
A LUXURIOUS INTERIOR
The high-end cabin in the Ford Explorer is as close as you can get to a luxury SUV without the premium cost.
· Three large rows of seating – with superior comfort, the Explorer carries two more people than the Grand Cherokee
· Large cargo area – the Explorer provides more total cargo capacity than the Jeep, allowing you to take along the gear you need
· Sync system with MyFord – use voice commands to place calls, play music and even have text messages read out loud
SafetyMore stars means safer cars. According to the NHTSA's Overall Crash Rating, should you ever need it, the 2015 Ford Explorer offers greater crash protection than the 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee.2. According to the NHTSA, the 2015 Ford Explorer's standard safety features provide better protection in the event of a head-on collision than the 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee.3.
Selected Edmunds.com visitor vehicle reviews:
“We just purchased a 2015 Explorer Sport.
Surprised at the power and the launch speed.
Even more surprised at the vehicles agility.
The sport version drives like our Accord Coupe V6 but has a great amount of room.
Ford has upgraded the leather they use (YEAH!) and the in-dash buttons look fantastic and are easy to use.
My wife is thrilled with the purchase (her car) and keeps saying how nice it is to have an SUV again.”
dngrwill - 8/18/2014 9:23 AM
UsabilityWhether you're chauffeuring your kids to ballet, or the Harlem Globetrotters to a game (it could happen), all of your passengers will be more comfortable with the 2015 Ford Explorer's4 combined total of 6 inches more head and leg room in the front and rear seats. . The 2015 Ford Explorer4 offers seating for 75 of your friends and family - in the 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee6, 2 of them would have to stay behind. . Sometimes it's better to have room for more passengers than cargo, and with the 2015 Ford Explorer's4 third row seating option, more passengers (and more fun) are no problem.
2015 Ford ExplorerVS2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee415Front Head Room397415Front Leg Room397405Rear Head Room397405Rear Leg Room39775Seating Capacity57
The difference in MSRP between the 2015 Ford Explorer4 and the 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee6 may seem significant, until you consider what you're missing when you opt to save that $705: loads of standard features, some for safety and some just for fun. Suddenly, that $705 doesn't seem like much of a "savings" at all, does it?
2015 Ford ExplorerVS2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee$30,7005MSRP$29,9958
is the property of Chrome Data Solutions, LP, and may not be reproduced or distributed without their consent.
1 - Learn more at http://www.safercar.gov/Safety+Ratings
2 - Find more info here: http://www.safercar.gov/Safety+Ratings
3 - Find out more at: http://www.safercar.gov/Safety+Ratings
4 - 2015 Ford Explorer Base
5 - 2015 Ford Explorer FWD 4dr Base
6 - 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
7 - 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee RWD 4dr Altitude
8 - 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee RWD 4dr Laredo