2015 Ford Expedition vs 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe
PerformanceWant more power and higher top speeds? Consider the 2015 Ford Expedition1, boasting 10 more horses than the 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe2. If you're carrying considerable cargo, the 2015 Ford Expedition's1 increased torque - 4203 lb.-ft. vs. 3834 lb.-ft. - can mean the difference between easy going and a sluggish ride.
REFRESHED FORD EXPEDITION EXPANDS BENEFITS AMONG FULL-SIZE SUVS
Significantly upgraded for the new model year, the 2015 Ford Expedition offers more of the capabilities one expects in a full-size SUV, and certainly more than the 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe, but while also showcasing new levels of luxury and a $1,705 lower MSRP.
· Expedition super utility vehicle – offers an EcoBoost V6 for more power and a higher tow rating than the Tahoe
· Unique Ford technologies – serve up unmatched benefits both at work and at play
· Engineering excellence – ensures a refined ownership experience backed by better safety ratings than those earned by the Chevy product
AN AWARD-WINNING ECOBOOST POWERPLANT
A powerful, yet efficient EcoBoost engine is the one and only engine choice for the 2015 Ford Expedition, but that’s all it needs to provide more output and capability than the 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe.
· The tale of the tape – shows the Expedition with 10 more horsepower and 37 more lb.-ft. of torque than the Tahoe
· Ford trumps Tahoe for towing – with the rear-wheel-drive Expedition able to out-pull a comparable Tahoe by 600 lbs., and the Ford with a 700-pound higher max tow rating for 4X4 entries
· Three rows of Expedition comfort – are capped off by a third row with 52 percent greater legroom than in the rear of the Tahoe
· A huge cargo hold – helps the Expedition swallow 14 percent more cubic feet of gear than the Tahoe, highlighted by more space in all seating configurations
TECHNOLOGIES DESIGNED WITH SUV CUSTOMERS IN MIND
SUVs fill many different roles for today’s owners, and the Expedition offers a full suite of technologies to satisfy all of them.
· Voice-controlled infotainment – from Sync with MyFord Touch, only available in Ford products and also including an 8-inch touchscreen, dual USB ports and a pair of 4.2-inch LCD instrument-cluster screens
· Truck-tough tech tools – include TruckApps, for tracking tow and off-road functionality, but not for Tahoe owners
· Superlative sound – benefits from extensive new noise-reduction measures and a Ford-only audio system by Sony
· For first-time drivers – the Ford Expedition comes with a standard MyKey system, not found in the Tahoe, that allows owners to limit potential driver distractions, like loud music
THREE MORE FORD EXCLUSIVES
Finally, the Ford Expedition sets itself apart from the Tahoe team by catering to particularly picky customers who want to set the bar for SUV safety and luxury.
· A pair of premium models – enable drivers to choose from King Ranch and Platinum editions, each with distinctly different approaches to stylish luxury
· Superior safety performance – after extensive NHTSA testing that saw the Expedition earn a 5-Star Overall Safety Rating, which the Tahoe failed to achieve
· Control Trac 4-Wheel-Drive – goes beyond traditional all-wheel-drive setups like those in the Tahoe, thanks to four separate driving modes for a variety of road and off-road conditions
2015 Ford ExpeditionVS2015 Chevrolet Tahoe3653Horsepower35544203Torque3834
SafetyNHTSA testing proves the 2015 Ford Expedition's stability and handling features make it less likely to roll over than the 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe.5.
UsabilityWho wouldn't want more miles between fill-ups? With a 36 miles higher estimated combined tank range, the 2015 Ford Expedition1 will keep you on the road longer than the 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe2. Offering 2 more inches in combined rear head and rear leg room than the 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe2, the 2015 Ford Expedition1 is roomy enough for even the tallest of your passengers to travel in comfort. Bye-bye cramped "airplane-legs," hello rear passenger comfort. . The 2015 Ford Expedition's1 wider wheelbase can mean greater stability. How much more stability? A noteworthy 3 inches' worth.
2015 Ford ExpeditionVS2015 Chevrolet Tahoe5043Estimated Combined Tank Range4684393Rear Head Room384393Rear Leg Room3841193Wheelbase1164
PricingThe 2015 Ford Expedition1 is so confident in their materials and workmanship, they'll pay for the cost of perforation repairs for 2 years longer than the 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe2 - quite a consideration for drivers who live in climates where corrosion is a risk. The 2015 Ford Expedition1 is priced at $2,455 less than the 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe2 - that's some pretty sizable savings.
2015 Ford ExpeditionVS2015 Chevrolet Tahoe53Corrosion Warranty34$43,8453MSRP$46,3004
is the property of Chrome Data Solutions, LP, and may not be reproduced or distributed without their consent.
1 - 2015 Ford Expedition XLT
2 - 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe LS
3 - 2015 Ford Expedition 2WD 4dr XLT
4 - 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe 2WD 4dr LS
5 - Learn more at: http://www.safercar.gov/Safety+Ratings