2015 Ford Escape vs 2015 Toyota RAV4
AwardsFord is committed to safety, and it shows: the 2015 Escape has earned a coveted 5-star side impact collision safety rating from the NHTSA.1 .
COMPACT CROSSOVER COMES WITH THE ECOBOOST ADVANTAGE
The 2015 Ford Escape showcases nimble proportions, stylish design and the kind of big-time versatility that folks demand from today’s compact crossovers.
- A double-dose of EcoBoost excitement – backed by high-tech powertrain technologies that the 2015 Toyota RAV4 can’t match
- Engaging driving dynamics – thanks to Ford-only features like Curve Control and a Control Blade rear suspension
- True crossover capabilities – including more pulling power than the RAV4 and available intelligent all-wheel drive with torque vectoring
- Modern-day infotainment resources – highlighted by Sync with MyFord Touch and premium Sony audio
THE KING OF CROSSOVER CAPABILITY
Crossover drivers want more from their vehicles than just basic transportation, so the 2015 Ford Escape delivers with a range of Toyota-topping benefits.
- Segment-exclusive hands-free liftgate – provides easy access to the Escape’s rear cargo hold even when an owner’s hands are full
- Maximum towing ability – so owners can haul 2.3 times more than with a RAV4 (when the Escape is properly equipped)
- Cabin and cargo capacity – with plenty of available gear space and, compared to the Toyota, more headroom, legroom and hip room
- Active Park Assist – makes the Escape easier to park than the RAV4, which doesn’t offer ultrasonic parallel-parking assistance like this
FORD’S DRIVING FORCE
While its RAV4 rival makes do with a single naturally aspirated engine, the 2015 Ford Escape matches that motivator and then adds two available EcoBoost choices.
- Range-topping 2.0-liter EcoBoost – ensures a peak power advantage of 64 horsepower and 98 lb.-ft. of torque as compared to the 2015 RAV4
- High-efficiency 1.6-liter EcoBoost – serves up higher highway fuel economy and more output than the Toyota
- High-value 2.5-liter engine – combines competitive power, towing marks and fuel-efficiency ratings with a $720 pricing advantage against the entry-level RAV4
- Curve Control – available solely from Ford to automatically provide braking and throttle adjustments in certain scenarios, helping drivers maintain safer speeds on curving roads
LUX APPOINTMENTS AND LEADING-EDGE TECHNOLOGIES
The 2015 Ford Escape can be configured with a wide array of premium features, too, to satisfy owners who crave more in the way of creature comforts.
- 2015 Ford Escape Titanium – brings bold style updates, safety measures like the Ford's Blind Spot Information System and a refined leather cabin with heated front bucket seats
- Intelligent Access – complemented by push-button start, allowing for keyless entry and missing entirely from the 2015 Toyota RAV
- Vista Roof – goes beyond the mere moonroof offered by Toyota, providing both a massive main opening and a panoramic skylight for rear-seat passengers
- Leading in lighting – with available HID (high-intensity discharge) headlamps and LED accent lighting that leave the RAV4 in the dark
PerformanceWant more power and higher top speeds? Consider the 2015 Ford Escape2, boasting 55 more horses and 27 more horses per ton than the 2015 Toyota RAV43. If you're carrying considerable cargo, the 2015 Ford Escape's2 increased torque - 2704 lb.-ft. vs. 1725 lb.-ft. - can mean the difference between easy going and a sluggish ride.
2015 Ford EscapeVS2015 Toyota RAV42314Horsepower17651296Horsepower Per Ton10252704Torque1725
UsabilityNo more scuffing the bottom of your car in steep driveways - the 2015 Ford Escape7 has more than enough ground clearance - 1 inch more than the 2015 Toyota RAV43 - to make it in and out without the dreaded scrape. . Offering 2 more inches in combined rear head and rear leg room than the 2015 Toyota RAV43, the 2015 Ford Escape7 is roomy enough for even the tallest of your passengers to travel in comfort. Bye-bye cramped "airplane-legs," hello rear passenger comfort. . The 2015 Ford Escape's2 2000-lb. increase in towing capacity over the 2015 Toyota RAV43 means you'll be able to tow just about anything, for the job site or for a weekend fishing trip. Even an increase of just an inch or two in wheel base can mean more stability, and the 2015 Ford Escape2 has 1 more of those stability-increasing inches.
2015 Ford EscapeVS2015 Toyota RAV478Ground Clearance69398Rear Head Room389398Rear Leg Room3893,50010Towing Capacity1,50091058Wheelbase1049
PricingIn the very unlikely event you'll need it, help is just a phone call away, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, with the 2015 Ford Escape's7 Roadside Assistance, standard for 3 years longer than 2015 Toyota RAV43.
2015 Ford EscapeVS2015 Toyota RAV458Roadside Assistance29
is the property of Chrome Data Solutions, LP, and may not be reproduced or distributed without their consent.
1 - Learn more at http://www.safercar.gov/Safety+Ratings
2 - 2015 Ford Escape SE
3 - 2015 Toyota RAV4 LE
4 - 2015 Ford Escape 4WD 4dr SE
5 - 2015 Toyota RAV4 FWD 4dr LE (SE)
6 - 2015 Ford Escape FWD 4dr Titanium
7 - 2015 Ford Escape S
8 - 2015 Ford Escape FWD 4dr S
9 - 2015 Toyota RAV4 FWD 4dr LE (GS)
10 - 2015 Ford Escape FWD 4dr SE