2015 Ford Escape vs 2015 Honda CR-V
AwardsFord is committed to safety, and it shows: the 2015 Escape has earned a coveted 5-star side impact collision safety rating from the NHTSA.1
TECHNOLOGY, COMFORT AND FUN ALL IN THE SAME PACKAGE
Enjoy an athletic driving experience, plus loads of cutting-edge features in the Ford Escape.
· Engaging driving dynamics – enjoy driving on city streets, wide open freeways or anywhere else
· Passive and active safety technologies – Ford offers features that protect your family better than the Honda CR-V
· Cutting-edge technology – provides the latest features used in modern vehicles
· High-quality interior finishes – well-padded seats and excellent materials make the Escape feel more luxurious
· Haul and tow more – transport big items as needed with the Escape, making your life easier
INNOVATIVE DESIGN THAT MAKES YOUR LIFE EASIER
The 2015 Ford Escape was designed to keep up with your life, no matter how busy you may be.
· Hands-free liftgate – load cargo easily using only your foot, a feature the CR-V doesn't have
· Active Park Assist – available only on the Escape, helps you quickly find parking by scanning for available parking spots that are large enough for the vehicle
· Audio System from Sony – enjoy incredible sound quality with the available system's 390 watts and ten premium speakers, plus iTunes tagging to find songs you hear on the radio
· LED interior ambient lighting system – set the perfect mood by choosing one of a variety of colors
SAFETY THAT WILL PUT YOU AT EASE
Nobody likes accidents, which is why Ford has loaded the Escape with some excellent passive and active safety features.
· 911 Assist – not available on the Honda CR-V, connects your phone and quickly call for help when it's needed most
· Curve Control system – automatically slows the vehicle down when you're traveling too quickly to safely make it around a curve
· Blind Spot Information System – helps Escape drivers be aware of other vehicles in their blindspots, plus warns about approaching cross traffic when backing out of driveways or parking spots
BETTER SPACE AND CAPABILITIES
Enjoy the utility of a larger vehicle in a package that's easy to deal with on a daily basis.
· Larger fuel tank – allows you to worry less when driving long distances
· 3,500-pound towing capacity – lets Edge owners transport heavier items than with the CR-V
· More rear headroom and shoulder room – translates into more comfort for adult passengers riding in the 2015 Ford Escape
· Shorter length – makes parking and maneuvering through tight areas such as parking lots and alleys a much easier task
· Available bi-xenon HID headlights – uses less energy and lasts longer than the conventional halogen bulbs used on the Honda CR-V
EfficiencyThe 2015 Ford Escape2 rates higher on the EPA Greenhouse Gas Score than the 2015 Honda CR-V3, which means it emits fewer harmful greenhouse gasses, such as carbon dioxide.4.
2015 Ford EscapeVS2015 Honda CR-VGREENHOUSE GAS SCORE75
PerformanceWant more power and higher top speeds? Consider the 2015 Ford Escape6, boasting 46 more horses and 19 more horses per ton than the 2015 Honda CR-V3. If you're carrying considerable cargo, the 2015 Ford Escape's7 increased torque - 2708 lb.-ft. vs. 1815 lb.-ft. - can mean the difference between easy going and a sluggish ride.
2015 Ford EscapeVS2015 Honda CR-V2318HORSEPOWER18551299HORSEPOWER PER TON11052708TORQUE1815
UsabilityOffering 3 more inches in combined rear head and rear leg room than the 2015 Honda CR-V3, the 2015 Ford Escape2 is roomy enough for even the tallest of your passengers to travel in comfort. Bye-bye cramped "airplane-legs," hello rear passenger comfort. . The 2015 Ford Escape's7 2000-lb. increase in towing capacity over the 2015 Honda CR-V3 means you'll be able to tow just about anything, for the job site or for a weekend fishing trip. Even an increase of just an inch or two in wheel base can mean more stability, and the 2015 Ford Escape2 has 2 more of those stability-increasing inches.
2015 Ford EscapeVS2015 Honda CR-V3910REAR LEG ROOM3853910REAR HEAD ROOM38535009TOWING CAPACITY1500510510WHEELBASE1035
PricingThe 2015 Ford Escape's2 MSRP is slightly less than the 2015 Honda CR-V3 - about $5 less - but to a budget-conscious buyer, every penny counts.
2015 Ford EscapeVS2015 Honda CR-V$23,45010MSRP$23,4455
is the property of Chrome Data Solutions, LP, and may not be reproduced or distributed without their consent.
1 - Learn more at http://www.safercar.gov/Safety+Ratings
2 - 2015 Ford Escape S
3 - 2015 Honda CR-V LX
4 - Learn more at http://www.epa.gov/greenvehicles/Aboutratings.do
5 - 2015 Honda CR-V 2WD 5dr LX
6 - 2015 Ford Escape Titanium
7 - 2015 Ford Escape SE
8 - 2015 Ford Escape 4WD 4dr SE
9 - 2015 Ford Escape FWD 4dr Titanium
10 - 2015 Ford Escape FWD 4dr S