2015 Ford C-Max Energi vs 2015 Toyota Prius Plug-In
AwardsFord is as committed to safety as it is to eco-friendliness, and it shows: the C-Max Energi has been earned a coveted 5-star side impact collision rating from the NHTSA every year it's been tested.1 .
A FUN, SPORTY TAKE ON GREEN MOBILITY
The 2015 Ford C-Max Energi delivers more than impressive fuel economy.
· Outstanding exterior styling – a sportier look that doesn’t compromise practicality
· Interior quality – soft-touch materials and an upscale feel to the cabin
· Economy – one of the main reasons for choosing the 2015 Ford C-Max Energi, and it doesn’t disappoint
· Technology – real-time information to help you maximize efficiency
· Driver choice – an EV Mode lets you easily choose between all-electric power, gas power or a combination of both
CAPABILITY AS WELL AS FUEL ECONOMY
The 2015 C-Max Energi injects fun and capability into the plug-in hybrid format.
· More horsepower – the C-Max energy puts more horsepower at your disposal than the 2015 Toyota Prius Plug-In
· More torque – when the going gets a little tough, the Ford gives you almost 25 percent more torque than the Toyota
· Bigger gas engine – the C-Max Energi hybrid system features a bigger gasoline engine than that offered in the Prius Plug-in
· Impressive performance – from a standing start, the C-Max Energi has the edge over the Prius Plug-in
· Larger wheels – while the Toyota comes with run-of-the-mill 15-inch wheels, the C-Max Energi comes standard with sporty 17-inch aluminum wheels
ALL THE PRACTICALITY YOU NEED
Practicality isn’t an area where this type of vehicle should compromise, and it doesn’t.
· More passenger room – the C-Max Energi has more room for its maximum five passengers than the Toyota Prius Plug-In
· Greater cargo capacity – as well as more room for passengers, the C-Max Energi also have more room for cargo than its Toyota rival
More headroom – C-Max Energi provides more headroom
than the Toyota Prius Plug-In, ideal for taller passengers
A WORLD OF ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY
If you like to have the latest technology at your fingertips, the C-Max Energi is the place to be.
· Greater electric-only range – C-Max Energi's highly-advanced hybrid system allows you to drive further on electric-only than the 2015 Toyota Prius Plug-in
· SmartGauge digital display system with InfoGuide screens – allows the configuring of information on the vehicle’s operation and energy consumption.
· Remote-start system – standard on the C-Max Energi, not available with the Toyota Prius Plug-in
PerformanceStopping power is important, too, especially when you're carrying a heavy load. The clear winner in this category is the 2015 Ford C-Max Energi2, with 15 more horses in braking power per ton than 2015 Toyota Prius Plug-In3, giving you confidence on even the steepest of grades. Want more power and higher top speeds? Consider the 2015 Ford C-Max Energi2, boasting 54 more horses and 13 more horses per ton than the 2015 Toyota Prius Plug-In3. If you're carrying considerable cargo, the 2015 Ford C-Max Energi's2 increased torque - 1294 lb.-ft. vs. 1055 lb.-ft. - can mean the difference between easy going and a sluggish ride.
2015 Ford C-Max EnergiVS2015 Toyota Prius Plug-In1134Braking Power Per Ton9851884Horsepower1345974Horsepower Per Ton8451294Torque1055
UsabilityWho wouldn't want more miles between fill-ups? With a 32 miles higher estimated combined tank range, the 2015 Ford C-Max Energi2 will keep you on the road longer than the 2015 Toyota Prius Plug-In3. Whether you're chauffeuring your kids to ballet, or the Harlem Globetrotters to a game (it could happen), all of your passengers will be more comfortable with the 2015 Ford C-Max Energi's2 combined total of 10 inches more head and leg room in the front and rear seats.
2015 Ford C-Max EnergiVS2015 Toyota Prius Plug-In5324Estimated Combined Tank Range5006414Front Head Room386414Front Leg Room386394Rear Head Room376394Rear Leg Room376
PricingThe 2015 Ford C-Max Energi offers all of the features, efficiency, performance, and safety you've come to expect, at an MSRP you'd never expect: less than $32,000. In the very unlikely event you'll need it, help is just a phone call away, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, with the 2015 Ford C-Max Energi's2 Roadside Assistance, standard for 2 years longer than 2015 Toyota Prius Plug-In3.
2015 Ford C-Max EnergiVS2015 Toyota Prius Plug-In54Roadside Assistance35
is the property of Chrome Data Solutions, LP, and may not be reproduced or distributed without their consent.
1 - Testing complete on 2015, 2014, and 2013 model year. Learn more at http://www.safercar.gov/Safety+Ratings
2 - 2015 Ford C-Max Energi SEL
3 - 2015 Toyota Prius Plug-In Base
4 - 2015 Ford C-Max Energi 5dr HB SEL
5 - 2015 Toyota Prius Plug-In 5dr HB (SE)
6 - 2015 Toyota Prius Plug-In 5dr HB (Natl)