2018 Ford Expedition
Ford sees the SUV segment growing further – accounting for more than 45 percent of the non-premium U.S. retail auto industry in the next five to seven years. As a result, the automaker will be rolling one of the most powerful off-road SUV’s ever onto the marketplace, including your Southern California Ford Dealerships, this fall.
Offering three different engine choices, which each provides the most advanced power available in SUV performance, the 2018 Ford Expedition comes standard with engine choices that include the:
• 2.3-liter Ecoboost Four-Cylinder Engine: Delivers 280 HP at 5,500 RPM and 310 lb.-ft. of torque at 3,000 RPM.
• 3.5-liter Twin-Turbocharged Ecoboost V6: Featuring new quad exhaust tips and capable of generating 365 HP at 5,500 RPM and 350 lb.-ft. of torque at 3,500 RPM
Mated to the new FX4 Off-Road Package, which adds technology and 4x4 hardware, the new Expedition is now one of the most beastly off-road SUV adventure vehicles hitting the road today.
Bigger But Lighter
Like the 2018 F-150 that it is based on, the 2018 Ford Expedition is bigger but lighter thanks to its all-aluminum body. This eight-passenger SUV rides on a new frame that extends the wheelbase by three inches and overall length and width by an inch, which gives it even more capablity on trails and unpaved surfaces. Despite these extensions, the 2018 Expedition is still 300 pounds lighter than in earlier models.
Improved Safety & Towing Capacity
Ford has also improved the overall safety and towing capability of the all-new Ford Expedition. Thanks to the ability to tow up to 9,300 pounds, the 2018 Ford Expedition has been named the best in the SUV segment.
Thanks to safety features like backup assist, towing things like a camper or boat become easier than ever. Thanks to the beltline and new C-pillar design, this SUV’s is also strong enough to handle anything that you can throw at it with safety features like:
• Adaptive cruise control and collision warning with brake support uses radar to detect moving vehicles directly ahead, and changes cruising speed if necessary.
• Blind Spot System uses radar to trigger a warning when another motorist is in the driver’s blind spot.
• Lane Departure Warning System automatically detects left- and right-hand road lane markings using front camera system. A vibration in the steering wheel alerts the driver if the vehicle begins to drift out of its lane. This system also provides steering torque to help guide the vehicle back into the lane if needed.
• 360-Degree Surround View Camera that assists the driver in steering the SUV in and out of parking systems.
Like most new vehicles in the marketplace, Ford’s signature SUV also includes advanced technology improvements, including a new Wi-Fi hotspot that has the capability to connect 10 devices and a signal that extends up to 50 feet.
The Expedition is also equipped with Sync 3 and is compatible with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto and mounted screens on the front-seat headrests to entertain those in the second row. Those in the last row can even use their own devices to watch live television, even on those family trips to the middle of nowhere, thanks to available wireless charging and added USB ports as well as a partnership with Sling.
Check Out the All-New Ford Expedition
You’ll see the 2018 Ford Expedition landing in the showroom at your Southern California Ford Deale this fall. Keep a close eye out for the popular new inventory, which is sure to go fast, or give us a call to be the first in line for this quintessential new SUV.